Awesome file sharing for OSX!

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
I have the app...I tried it...it still doesn't beat the PC counterparts. I hate waiting for servers and once it finds them, it takes awhile for it to start downloading....

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Originally posted by whfsdude
I use it, think it's a good start :) The devs need to put a little more time into it :)
yeah, i think it's still in semi-beta mode. the build is something weird like .62 so i guess it's still a work in progress. the search field has a dropdown arrow with nothing in it which i'm guessing will narrow your search by "audio", "apps", etc. and a few of the preferences don't function yet. overall it seems great though and much better and faster than java-based Limewire. i've been using it all evening and it looks to me like it's awesome for finding music and so-so for apps. i've been able to find some really obscure stuff which i can never find on Limewire. but as i said, there are less apps, and most are .zips or .exe for PC. anyway i dig it and i hope you guys enjoy it. you can even download the sourcecode if you want to have a stab at a little Cocoa programming. cheers.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
as far as cocoa gnutella clients go i prefer fern. but neither acq or fern seem to work as well as limewire. its mostly just that gnutella sucks.

try open nap network clients. drumbeat, xnap, etc.

edonkey would be nice if i could figure the damn thing out. you see all you do is download mldonkey, download donkey-o matic, donwload cocoa donkey drag ml donkey to donkey o matic launch cocoa donkey locate ml donkney quit everything and launch cocoa donkey again, now as far as p2p apps go that easy right? <sarcasm>

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
Completely OT:
Al, that is an unreal 'tar you got there :) What on earth posessed you do to that? Did you take a the photos yourself or are they from the net?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.