Awesome Genius Bar Experience with out of warranty 3gs!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SDRacerR1, Aug 18, 2010.

1. SDRacerR1 macrumors member

So, I just had an awesome experience today with the Genius Bar and thought I would throw them some kudos and Apple for some good customer experience points. Ill try and keep this short form.

Back story: So, 3 months ago, swapped my original 3gs because of cracks in the case (no questions asked). Refurb had cracks coming back again (usual spots: dock, power button), also screen was raising up, causing the band to deform and screen assembly around the lower left bezel was separating from the back plate.

Anyways, today was up in Los Angeles, visiting and ended up at the Glendale Galleria. Figured, why not see if I can get another replacement, although warranty was expired by 3 weeks. Luckily I had planned on doing this back in san diego so restored the phone to factory since have been jb for awhile.

Walked in, and saw a Genius Bar rep near the computers, asked about the next appointment...At this time it was 5pm, he said not till 6pm, but said never mind, Ill just take care of you here. Explained about the refurb and the defects, but didn't know if you can help me since out of warrant for 3 weeks. Pretty much said he didn't care, looked in the back, and swapped me out again, no questions ask. In and out in less than 15 minutes with a new phone...THANK YOU!!!

Not sure if all Genius Bars are this nice, but since lots of post on here are bad reviews, thought I would throw in a positive one.

Side notes: Last refurb came in a cheesy white box, this one came in a nice black box with padding, assuming its a refurb because serial starts with 5k like the last one.

Also, came loaded with 4.0.1 sooo ya 5 mintues later...jb again and enjoying bitesms and some nice themes.

Anyways KUDOS to the person who helped me, will be calling the store tomorrow to put in a good word.

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Some Geniuses are pretty cool. Others should be shot and hung on a pole. Arrogant tossers. Congrats on your lucky draw.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, it's really tough to know. I've had pretty much all positive experiences with them, but I went in with my girlfriend to get the display on her MBP replaced and the guy was one of the most unhelpful people I've ever met and wouldn't service the machine.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

It's really just luck of the draw. Some .. no, most, 'geniuses' suck. Occasionally you'll get one generous one.