AWESOME! iPhone Must-Have for Football Season!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gftx73, Aug 30, 2008.

1. gftx73 macrumors newbie

OK - this is probably not applicable to a lot of you guys out there, but for me, this is a really neat app.

http://www.ezbets.com

I am a poster and reader of this board - so this is not a promo post and, no, I do not have any affiliations with them - just sharing what I think is a really cool application.

Nothing says 'I may look like a tech nerd with all my gadgets, but I am really a cool sports-fanatic' like having this on your iPhone during a game. I can't wait until tomorrow when I am sitting on the couch at my buddy's and I start getting razzed for 'surfing' during the game then show them what I am really doing.

Ok, yes, I am really a tech-nerd, but this is a cool app.

g

2. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

3. gftx73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, it is. And this post here from me, which you participated in because you didn't realize it was REALLY an ad for BlackBerry, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=464858

Well, that was an ad, too. How exactly does one go about sharing something they think is neat with others on this forum WITHOUT sounding 'like and ad'? Please share - in fact - can you start a new thread so it can be sticky so EVERYONE can conform to your manner of posting. You replied to that within SECONDS of my post. Do you just lurk on here, waiting for something you don't like? I was just trying to share with my goofy sense of humor - which you, and sadly, many others, actually, don't get.

Oh well.

4. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Relax, I just said it seemed like an ad. You don't have to take it so personal. I have only been on these forums since July but in that time I have seen many "ads"/"promos" as posts that are written in a very similar fashion as yours. So I was making a joke.

If I had put a :D at the end would you have realized I was sort of poking fun at your post and the "this is not a promo post" part of your post?

5. gftx73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, <putting flame-thrower down>, sorry. I just knew someone was going to say that immediately. Well, I got that off my chest - it is the few that make the majority cynics.

g

6. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Not need to apologize. I probably should have said something different as I didn't really think it was an ad.

The only thing I have ever seen that prevents a post getting called a promo/ad is to post in an appropriate thread that has already been created. By creating a new thread with AWESOME! New Must Have Widget just sort of screams AD! AD! AD! AD!.

Back on actual topic now. Not really big into online gambling sites. I just don't trust them and I can usually find the information they are providing elsewhere. But if that's what your into, could be cool.