Awesome Kickstarter Dock For iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by El3ctronics, Dec 14, 2011.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I started a thread a few weeks ago b/c I was looking for the best dock for the iPhone. Well I HATED Apple's official dock (can't use with a case, very plasticky, and is too light to support the device well) but I just found an amazing dock on Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hop/elevation-dock-the-best-dock-for-iphone

FYI: I have NO affiliation with the company or the product but it just looked like something others may be interested in.

2. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Saw it. Kind of neat once they get enough funded and is out in the market, I may consider one but till then not interested.

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

bad idea in this respect:

They are sacrificing stability (especially at the connector) for ease of removal. However, by designing the dock this way, they are making it so that you have to be much more careful putting it in so as not to damage the connector. If you watch every instance of them putting it in the dock, they are being slow and careful--and that is by someone with a lot of experience with the dock.

It looks as if the connector is just resting up against the phone part, and it looks like damage may be incurred if you aren't careful with it. I would much rather have stability and safety than a SLIGHTLY easier time removing the phone from the dock.

Other than that, the design is nice and the materials seem like a good match for an Apple product.

It is priced WAY too high though, unless they are catering to an elite crowd.