Awesome Taller iPhone mockups with iOS 6!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iGraham, Jun 3, 2012.

1. iGraham macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

2. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

The metal edges of the black mock up look so good!
    Honestly, I don't even care what Ive puts out this year. I'm buying regardless, my iPhone 4 is wearing out.

3. iGraham thread starter macrumors newbie

The black one really does look better with a black border! Cant wait to see the final design though. Hope its like this :)

4. iJcaP, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

iJcaP macrumors 6502

All props go to you!!!- Mac Rumors should post this on Page 2 (or the iOS Blog). They look pretty accurate and really shine light to the potential and I dare say beauty of the next phone. Looks revolutionary and evolutionary at the same time. I can't choose which one.

Now I would definitely the phone (I always did. This just convinced me even more!! :D )

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

The mockup of the hardware is great, but including iOS6 in the title is a bit misleading. What is iOS6 about this? The fact that we can see "LTE" near the signal bars? :confused:

6. iGraham thread starter macrumors newbie

Not my work unfortunately haha :) I definitely think this is one of the best mockups I've seen. It really does look beautiful and the taller screen does not look as out of place as much as I imagined!

7. iJcaP macrumors 6502

The maps app too.

----------

either way they should display these on the site

8. iGraham thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry if misleading. What i meant was that supposedly in iOS 6 all the blue UI elements would change to silver. Also look at safari, the address and search bar have been unified like mountain lion :)

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

My bad. I missed the link. I was oly looking at the thumbnail atachments.

10. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

11. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Looks the same only a bit taller. If they make the phone a 4" screen then the width will have to be a bit wider too. It just has to. Just only taller and you wont benefit all from what a bigger screen would be for.

12. ACbrightblue macrumors newbie

Check also the versus io hires shot: it's an original size image (on versus io after you calibrated your screen) and you get a feeling about the added screen real estate you get with the iphone 5:

[​IMG]

Source and to see the pic in original size (click in the top right coner):
    http://versusio.com/en/apple-iphone-5-64gb-vs-apple-iphone-4s-64gb

13. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I for one hate the black band. I love the current design that's black with a stainless steele band.

14. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

It's nice and all, but honestly, if this is all they've come up with after two years, I'd be disappointed. What the heck's Ivy been doing in that lab of his, if this is the final product? :confused:I know it isn't, but hypothetically asking.

15. Superbbrr macrumors member

Seriously. If this is the true form factor for iPhone 5, I'm done with iPhones!! :mad::mad::mad:

16. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

That's pretty much exactly what I expected it to look like. I love it.

And I really do hope they go with the mountain lion type silver colors throughout the OS.

17. Syk macrumors 6502a

Mock up looks ok but it looks like the same phone only stretched. iOS6 will have to impress me otherwise I'm sitting this one out and probably the next as I don't see Apple changing sizes again in the next few designs

18. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

^^This EXACTLY! Saying this design is nice is silly. It's the 4S for Christ sake...The 4S with a ugly stretched out screen. If this is the 4" screen we are getting, I'm pissed. I'll be the first one preordering, but I'll be pissed none the less. After 2 years with the same look, I'm ready for something new to look at. Just because the 4 form OS beautiful, doesn't mean it can't get old looking. I am almost positive that all these rumors are totally false. It would be an epic fail to give us a stretched iPhone 4 after all this time.

19. Keniutek macrumors 6502

Keniutek

Looks awkward to me. (may look better in real life, we'll see).

20. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Can we please bring back curves to the iPhone? I hate the ice cream sandwich-like design the iPhone 4 and 4S have.

21. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am drooling over that white larger screen iPhone 5!

22. Demonface macrumors 6502a

After about 2 years we should get something better than this. I mean if this is the final product Apple will lose alot of money and customers. I do expect to be seeing something different.

23. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I would love for Apple to bring the iPod mini design to the iPhone (kind of like the Nokia Lumias/N9) but with aluminum, not polycarbonate.

24. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Some combination of the two would be great, in my opinion. I love the current design, but I like having a curved back for the camera's sake.

25. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Those mock-ups look fine and all (I kind of like the black on black one), but really, what does a taller screen get you? 95% of the time I'm going to be looking at it vertically. So what if I see more at the bottom of a web page when I still have to pinch to zoom to even read the text because the screen is so narrow?

Seems like this design is a day late and a dollar short.