Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
great i just got a very light scratch on the screen part of my ipod...... :mad: :( :mad: how you ask? keys.. never keep your freakin' keys and ipod in the same pocket... its a small scartch though... light too.. hrm.. how can i remove it.. any good solutions out there?

eleveneastgate

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
Don't Stress...

No Worries... consider it a battle scar, ;)

Here's mine:

PBBattleScars2.jpg

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Yea my iPod got a fair amount of scratches on it before I got that Apple iPod case for it. Do you have a case for it? After a while that sick feeling should go away. The way I see it, I don't look at the screen that much anyways, only when I'm searching for music. :)

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
It took me about a day to get over putting a very small ding in my iMac. I was extremely frustrated. I had the sick feeling for a day or so. Fortunately I was away from my computer for a week. I was over it by the time I got to where I was going. It will be o.k..

P.S. I have a small piece of pocket lint in between the screen and plastic of my iPod. Thats REALLY annoying.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
I wonder if that stuff that you use on a softback car to clean off the clear vinyl would work? I know at one time I was using it to repair scratched CDs and it did an OK job - though I haven't tested it on an iPod, and couldn't predict if it would fix and fill in your scratch or turn the surrounding plastic milky white...

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
ahhh I still remember when my iPod was that shiney and new. I really should get some pics of it now, it's pretty beat up. Still works like a charm though.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I always figured that iPods come from the factory with a special self-scratching finish. Just take it as a rite of passage, like the inevitable parking lot door ding on a new car.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
It's pretty much impossible to keep an iPod totally clean...I wouldn't worry about it. Just put it in a case :)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
MattG said:
It's pretty much impossible to keep an iPod totally clean...I wouldn't worry about it. Just put it in a case :)

Why don't you throw it in the laundry, you can put it with your whites :p

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ahhhhhh i've had worse with my PB. the part by the latch was sticking out a whole inch!!! :eek: i was able to hammer it back into place however, but the area right around the battery is still rele screwed up

iminimac

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2005
i belive that would work
also on the apple store i am quite sure there is a product like that designed for ipods not to sure what its called
might be iclean

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
biohazard_6969 said:
ahhhhhh i've had worse with my PB. the part by the latch was sticking out a whole inch!!! :eek: i was able to hammer it back into place however, but the area right around the battery is still rele screwed up

Hammer??? :eek: what did u do to the thing???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.