Awwww @ people buying iPad for Christmas

Discussion in 'iPad' started by XciteMe, Dec 15, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

I want them to be happy, and they will be, but it's just, I think about the look on their faces when iPad 2 is unveiled in just a couple months, and it tears me up inside. :(

Wish I wasn't such a thoughtful, caring guy. :confused:

2. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

I couldnt care less if the ipad is released on dec 26th. Ill be more then happy with the ipad 1 that i get to open on early on the 19th.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Yeah, because their first generation iPads will become useless, outdated paperweights on the release day of the second generation. :rolleyes:

4. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I also will be receiving an ipad this Christmas....as sad as I will be when ipad 2 comes out, I know that I will still love my upad with all my heart.

That's not creepy.

You're a lucky man. I have to wait til the 25th =/

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Outdated, kind of. Apple has a history of making new features only available for the newest, even if the old ones are capable hardware wise if we can learn from the iphone

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I think the only people who care about this are those rabid fanboys who need to have the latest and greatest Apple product. A regular consumer would just go oh, oh well.

7. whitesands macrumors newbie

I think most people who buy the iPad will have no idea that a 2nd gen is coming, they will buy it for what is, a great product.

8. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Yawn. I remember the days before iPhone when we never got any updates for our phones (even the not-so-smart pre-iPhone smartphones from Nokia and Palm).

I would consider Apple's iOS updates very generous even taking into account their decision to not support certain features like background images on the 3G or MMS on the original model.

9. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

LOGIC: Why buy an iPhone 5 in June? The iPhone 6 is just gonna come out next year. But why buy that? The iPhone 7 is slated for June 2013? Of course, only suckers will buy that when the iPhone 8 arrives 2014!

10. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

your thread is all based on rumors.
    you have no credibility and I don't care if your people aren't happy with a regular ipad

11. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Who cares? Sure the iPad 2 will have more features, but the first iPad will be just as useful.

Sorry buddy, but ur attempt to be funny = FAIL

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I agree but for the most part, I don't think we can compare todays' phone to that of before smart phones as they are, as we all know, more like portable computers if anything

My gripe is with the updates is that they aren't really due to hw limitations but rather forcing people to upgrade if they want the feature. For instance, the latest update gives ip4 users the find my iphone for free while the 3gs users (and keep in mind, you can still get a new 3gs) are forced to pay if they want it. Just little things like that tend to rub me the wrong way as a consumer but I realize everyone's view is different

13. jwesty5 macrumors member

I bought iPad1 for the sole purpose of giving me the right to be among the first people holding off on buying the iPad2 and waiting for the iPad3 to come out.

I'll feel really sorry for the people buying the anachronism called the iPad2.

14. Spyharpy macrumors member

Spyharpy

Sure an iPad 2 will be out but actually when no one knows. You can keep waiting and waiting for the newest iPad but what you're losing out on is using it NOW. I doubt the changes to the iPad 2 will not be that drastic that people will be unloading their old ones for it in droves. As soon as the iPad 2 is released, the iPad 3 will be in its design stages so why not wait for it? While your waiting, I'm enjoying.

15. urfankhaliq macrumors newbie

True. IF the new one comes out straight after it wont change what the current one is. and if you really want the new one when it comes out, simple, sell your current couple of month old ipad on ebay and get most of your money back and buy the new one. Its not the end of the world!

16. felixen macrumors 6502a

This is my curse. I need the newest stuff when it comes to iphone and ipad. I could use the new mac mini as well, but I'll live with my 2 gen. old one for a few years

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

most people won't really care, as long as the current iPad does what you want/need it to, why worry about when the next one comes out. I feel more sorry for the people who are waiting instead of being able to enjoy their iPad now.

18. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

If you keep waiting, you'll never get anything and by 2100 you'll still have no iPad. Now which is more sad.

19. Den Deze macrumors newbie

True.
    I bought mine yesterday and i love it :)

20. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Seriously, unless the iPad 2 has some revolutionary new features like making me breakfast. I can live with my iPad. Slight spec increase and a camera? No thanks I have my iPhone 4 for those.

My iPad serves me to answer email, and browse the web from my bed.

My parents will love their iPad hopefully for Christmas, and continue to use it, not giving a damn theres a slightly shiner model.

21. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I'd be happy for someone to buy me an iPad for Christmas. It'll still be great when iPad 2 is out. Just like my iPhone 3GS isn't suddenly rubbish for being 18 months old.

22. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Let's just hope they call it iPad 2, or iPad Deluxe.

Hate to see them call it Max-iPad! :lol:

I have a 64GB 3G iPad - works for me.

If the 2nd generation does get the Retina Display, I may but that as well.

But my 1st Gen iPad, like my G5 iMac will be in use for many years to come.

Don't tell my youngest son his G5 iMac is out of date and useless, he'll just call you simple minded! :D

23. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I've a huge suspicion that Apple will not give the iPad 2 a storage capacity bump, just like the iPhone 4. Somehow, the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities seem perfectly enough. 128GB might give the MBA slight competition in terms of storage space there..

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes, because someone buying a $500 + gift for another is a sad day. :rolleyes:
    Not everyone sits on some board chasing technology and laughing at those who don't upgrade each time there is a revision. Some people find value in a current product more so than they find value in waiting for a rumored revision to drop.

25. Built macrumors 68020

Ummmm...yeah, right...

I'm holding out for iPad 12th generation...I hear it will sing you to sleep, then wake up and cook you breakfast in the morning...

After all, 2023 is just around the corner. :rolleyes: