AZ Man Tries To Be A ‘Hero’ By Shooting At Shoplifters

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, May 11, 2016.

1. steve knight, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016

steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well here is the good guy with a gun with no training a NRA wet dream sort of guy.he jsut wanted to be a hero well there you go. since he committed a far worse grime he should have shot at himself but I bet he would have missed.
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/05/11/az-man-tries-to-be-a-hero-by-shooting-at-shoplifters-video/

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hopefully, he will be convicted of all charges.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

It's not his store, maybe the store can do a little more hiring of guards instead of leeching off the public, are companies now ran by irresponsible liberals?

That's the problem with vigilante justice. The perceived lines versus legitimate events in which to stand up for community and country.

On the other hand, if the good guy with the gun was trying to put down a maniac bad guy trying to kill others with a gun, like in a movie theater in an open carry state like Colorado, that is far closer to what the second amendment is about, though maybe movie theaters can afford guards thanks to $10 for a tiny box of fattening candy and all the ads shown prior to movies... oh, wait, those are sky high because the cost to lease the movie is even more sky-high. Because all the actors that are contributing oh-so-much to this world unlike STEM professionals, are making 7 or 8 digit salaries to pretend to be other people, even those portraying STEM professional characters.

4. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Here's hoping he's locked up for a good long time. I suspect that if you take away his firearms, he will either buy one on the black market or he'll just use his car or another weapon.

5. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

would you really want a idiot like this trying to shoot the bad guy in a dark theater?

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yeah, and all the good intentions in the world won't save you from a manslaughter charge if some unlucky bystander ends up being caught in the line of fire of your good deed of the day.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I am sure the dead people there sure wish someone did shoot back.

anyways, hope this guy end up in jail for a long long time.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I don't know if he needs to go to jail exactly. But a decade of probation, and 500 hours of someone screaming "DON'T SHOOT A WEAPON IN A CROWDED PUBLIC SPACE" over and over again would be called for.

He's lucky he didn't hurt anyone.

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

His facebook post suggests that he felt this was an acceptable course of action. He should probably be evaluated by a psychologist, because that isn't remotely rational behavior.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I wouldn't say so. It's more like some incredibly dangerous cultural fad than it is a psychological issue. The recent swing for justifying vigilantism, zero tolerance for petty crimes, and celebrating the Good Guy With A Gun is what's lead to this.

11. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

So it would have been good for a guy like this shooting back? I very much doubt the dead people care.

12. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Fantasizing about something is different from doing it. The guy seems almost delusional, as he thought it was a good idea to shoot at someone in a crowded public area. Even if he was a trained sniper, this wouldn't be a good idea. It's also unlikely that he could legally fire on someone who isn't a present threat.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You assume there would be that many dead people
    --- Post Merged, May 11, 2016 ---
    Disagree. He needs jail time

14. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

You assume there would be less if it was this nutjob the number could have doubled

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

His story is almost exactly that woman's who did nearly the exact same thing at Lowes or wherever a few months back. Some people take the gun culture BS way, way too seriously, and inevitably end up doing something like this. It's not an issue of mental illness. It's stupid people with too much to prove doing stupid things.

...and unfortunately for the rest of us, these stupid people have a license to carry.

...yeeaaah, probably.

16. samiwas macrumors 65816

Wait.....what? Who is "leeching off the public"? So, because a guy ran after some shoplifters, that's somehow proof that the company must be run by irresponsible liberals?

......uhhhhhh....whoa, dude....

Unless they're dead because someone who can't handle a firearm was firing back and hit them instead...

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

And I'm sure the survivors are happy they made it out instead of getting accidentally shot by a "good guy with a gun" who couldn't see what he was aiming at in the dark.

18. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

19. sim667 macrumors 65816

3 posts and the thread reverts back to dog whistle politics.

20. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

In only kidding I still would like to shoot some idiots talking on their phone so EVEYONE hears them! :rolleyes: