Baby Boomers Ruined The World For Millennials

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, May 13, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://thoughtcatalog.com/matthew-primeau/2015/01/baby-boomers-ruined-the-world-for-millennials/

(X-er's too)

Article has more, much more.

Bonus articles:

http://www.chicagonow.com/lists-tha...aby-boomers-are-the-worst-generation/#image/1
    (a slideshow worth going through)

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/20/bab...laming_millennials_is_misguided_and_annoying/
    (I've said it long before knowing of these articles, you don't blame people for living in a system you built for them, knowing how it would end up.)

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...omy-the-case-against-the-baby-boomers/263291/

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/12/13/baby-boomers-worst-generation/
    (Am including despite questioning any number of factors in #3 ("Obamacare"), since the younger generation is typically far more sedentary, and regardless of any true factors to any of the reasons claimed (I could post rebuttals to any number of them, even to some points in other articles whose links are presented), not all boomers recognize the self-absorbed narcissism and other issues, even greed.)

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

They are the me generation they always have been and always will be the me generation

3. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Then voted Regan/Bush, brought us DOMA, unending war in the Middle East, unprecedented, gluttonous use of natural resources, and joined the Tea Party in the end.

Babyboomers really are The Worst Generation.

4. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

What a bunch of bull... be brainwashed.

We were anti war, pro civil rights, and changed the world for the better.

The me generation started in the 80's and the Madonna idiots.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Sorry. Well, at least we didn't start WWIII.

6. Huntn, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

How old is the guy/gal who wrote this? Just curious.

• The existence of Baby Boomers are the fault of their parents and the post WWII economic boom.
    • Children of comfortable BBs tend to be pampered, I witnessed this personally in my middle class existence with children having a sense of entitlement and piss poor work ethics, for which I do blame the BB parents for spoiling them. I still managed to instill some work ethics in my son who just turned 34. :)

7. bent christian, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Ha, ha. And just look at you now - infamous here for linking to White supremacist websites.

The Worst Generation

8. Huntn, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Not disagreeing with what you said... And it helped living in the dominant unscathed countries and the resulting economic boom resulting from the end of WWII. My son was born in 1982, witnessed the me generation first hand for which the parents have to take some responsibility. :)

I'll observe that when there is plenty, people can afford to be generous, and when the bounty dries up, it becomes dog eat dog. One of the biggest differences that has developed since post WWII, is the greed that has devloped in the top rung of society. This is where we have a serious feeling of entitlement issue.

--- Post Merged, May 13, 2016 ---
    Don't lump the entire generation together, while some were participating in peace marches and supporting civil rights, others still thought a racially divided society was a good idea.

9. thewap, May 13, 2016

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

I do no such thing. You confuse free speech, patriotism, and anti -establishment as " White supremacist",
    furthermore my daughter in law and grand child as West Africans do not agree with you -

Millenials on the other hand as the most regressive bigots, are now competing with history and like minded generations over a century ago.

10. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

he/she doesn't confuse anything. Check their post history. They hate white people.

11. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

I was speaking specifically about that poster. In the six months I have been here, @thewap has linked at least three times to White supremacist websites or YouTube channels. One as recently as within a month ago.

It is undeniable that Babyboomers voted for Regan in large numbers through the 1980's. He never would have been elected without the support of this large demographic. It is undeniable that Babyboomers, by and large, were fine with the Defense of Marriage Act, as this was the 1990's and Baby boomers were in their 40's and 50's - fully in control of the "establishment" - and did absolutely nothing about it at the time. It is undeniable that use of natural resources went through the roof on their watch. It is undeniable that the Tea Party would not exist if not for the Babyboom generation. They comprised most of its membership.

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Every generation needs to complain about the proceeding one and the successive ones, ground breaking news I tell ya.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

When the present sucks, there's always some point in history that one can go back to and rationalize as THE problem. Like a magician, it puts the audience's eye on history, thereby shielding more recent events.

14. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Black supremacists always confuse everything with "white supremacy" if the narrative does not fit their agenda of hate and division. See how that works?:rolleyes:

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Hence my statement about judging an entire generation. I've never said the BBs were superior, and did not say that you said we thought we were. We were just lucky to have been born when we were. I'll argue that the split down the middle of this country today has BBs on both sides of the divide.

I agree with you in principle. :)

16. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Another millennial complaining on the internet? How rare.

17. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Evidenced by what?

18. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Common sense?

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Let's see your evidence to the contrary. :) You really think the BB generation are all conservatives?

20. bent christian, May 13, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Except this is the first time that systemically across the board the millennial generation (by the numbers) will be worse off than their predecessors.

22. bent christian, May 13, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

It's quite easy to find. Ages 65+ is pushing nearly 2/3 support for conservatives candidates. This has steadily increased over time. We can see that as more Babyboomers enter that bracket, the percentage of support for the conservative candidate tends to tick up.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/11/05/as-gop-celebrates-win-no-sign-of-narrowing-gender-age-gaps

Feel free to post evidence of the 50/50 split you imagine exists.

All? I never wrote that.

Most? Absolutely. The data bears that out.

23. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

Apparently not enough of them are lying about a death in the family in order to take time off work for a job interview ;)

24. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Baby Boomers were left to go wild in the 60's with peace love and LSD as teens/young adults, courted and competed over in the job markets of the 80's and pandered to and protected by politicians for most of their adult lives.
    The problem is each generation has it's own set of different problems and any other generation finds it difficult to relate because it wasn't necessarily a problem for them at the time.

... mind you save for a gas shortage, a few economic crashes and high interest in the 80's the rest of the problems have been shared with the Millennials, but affects the generations in different ways.

25. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

I do not subscribe to that channel..do you? C'mon..admit it..you do..