Back Glass on 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bcking81, Dec 27, 2011.

1. bcking81 macrumors member

i was looking to order the brushed metal back housing for the 4S and noticed they have the 4 exact same back hosuing for 11 bucks cheaper? Are both the same exact size? For some reason i thought the 4S was a little thicker than the 4. Thanks for your help guys

2. todd2fst4u macrumors regular

Backs that are compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4 will work with the iPhone 4S. If it is made for the AT&T version, it will not work.

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Won't work. Forced a iphone 4 back on my 4s and ended up shattering the glass.

4. bcking81 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the quick response guys really appreciate it.

5. ecwhite4S, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

I wouldn't even think of replacing the glass unless it shattered. I suppose a metal backplate would look cool, but I absolutely love the glass.

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Ooh, I'll bet that was an unhappy surprise!

Sympathies.:)

7. bcking81 thread starter macrumors member

yeah just want to see how the metal back would look that is would be something a little different plus it only two small screws and easy to get back to the original back if needed.

8. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

I just ordered two backplates from swbox.com. Great deal at only about $10 for each, and there are some positive reviews from fellow MacRumors members so I decided to try it out. At that price I thought there isn't any reason not to try it, and they have a big selection so I was able to find some pretty fresh looking backs. Message me if you want any info on the place or pics, hopefully they get here this week.

9. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Yikes!

Thanks for the warning!

-SGD