Back light bleed on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tmurray315, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Tmurray315 macrumors regular

Anyone else have backlight bleed on iPhone 5 is this normal I have it on iPad 3 some people say its normal cause of LCD screen others says its not. It's not noticeable but wondering if this is a defect

2. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

[​IMG]

3. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

It's a little at the top corner can't post a pic right now but is this normal some people say it is

4. kvnfo macrumors member

I had a perfect iPhone 5 with no scratches, but noticeable backlight bleed :( I took it back. It would bother me more than Scuffs since I'm always looking at the screen and not the back. My new phone has a very small scuff but the screen is perfect.

I'd get it replaced if its bothering you.

5. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

The only way I can see it if its in total darkness otherwise its fine I herd the screens like LCD it's normal for backlight bleed I went through 3 iPads and all of them had backlight bleed

6. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

this is what it looks like

Attached Files:

7. kvnfo macrumors member

Thats the same spot mine was, along with alot of other users.

8. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Mine does it too.

No biggie for me because im afraid of what a replacement might look like. :eek:

9. dagdagdag234 macrumors regular

I have the exact same light leak. Same spot, unnoticeable unless the screen is black and I'm in the dark.

I'm not totally convinced it's worth a trip to the Apple Store and I think my assessment is -- keep it, I have a year to bring it in if I decide to.

And If I get a huge scratch on the phone or something else I dislike that isn't necessarily covered under the 1 year warranty then I can use the light leak issue as a reason to ask for an exchange.

10. schizbomb macrumors 6502

11. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh okay a lot of people have the same light leak where mine is is this a defect it doesn't bother me that to much like you said I'm afraid if I replace it I will get a bad phone

12. gregnauman macrumors regular

I just got my iPhone an hour ago and noticed it right away on boot up. Really noticeable on the black boot screen.

I swear its always something. Im going to wait a week or so and take it back I think. Maybe by then they will have more stock and will fix the manufacturing issues.

Guess thats what happens when things are made in communist China at rioting Fox Conn plants. :rolleyes:

13. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

What can you learn from this? Dont look at a black screen in the dark. My scren is usually full of apps! These things would never normally be noticed!

I've stopped coming on the forum after I purchased the 5, for threads like this, and scratch gate thats out of control!

Jordan

14. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't mind the backlight bleed but is this normal I herd a lot of apple products have this issue my iPad 3 had this I went through 3 and I still have that issue it doesn't bother but is it fine cause most likely if I replace that phone will have some bleed is it normal

15. gregnauman macrumors regular

Wouldnt it show up if watching a movie on your phone?

If it does its unacceptable. Clearly manufacturing tolerances that apple loves to BRAG about.

----------

This one is even better, leaking light along the case......nice and air/water tight.....

[​IMG]

16. gregnauman macrumors regular

Oh and another thing, on my main screen the clock etc is black and you can see it.

You can also see it if you are running an app that has not been adjusted for the screen resolution and it has black bars top and bottom.

IMHO it should not do this at all.....

17. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

Is it worth returning it for a new one the light leak isn't to bad but not sure if I should return it or not