Back to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sdahe, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello Guys,

Before the new iPhone 4S came out I changed my iPhone 4 for an Android.. I know, why would I do such a thing?... well, I was expecting a different iPhone design and wanted to try the Android platform in the mean while. The new iPhone 4S came out and I said… well, I’ll just keep using my Android until another new iPhone comes out. Can’t wait any longer!!!.. I just hate this Android phone. I never thought that I would miss the iPhone so much. This is not an Android hater thread.. I just wanted to share my experience to keep other form doing the same thing.. if they have it in mind. Trust me, once you have the iPhone.. no other phone will replace it. That’s a fact!

Well, now I’m saving money to get a new iPhone 4S… it’s going to be hard because I can only get it at a regular price. Can’t cancel my number to get a new one… so It’s going to be a few months more with my unwanted Android…

:(

2. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I'm just going to sell my HTC Inspire for $100

3. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I've been trying for several months now and I just can't get to like it...

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I used Android for 10 months, having never had an iPhone, I hated it! Switched as soon as the 4S launched.

5. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Sounds like an impulse buy. A purchase made before one does enough research to learn about the phone they are purchasing.

Your statement "I just wanted to share my experience to keep other form doing the same thing.. " is awfully presumptive. You want to prevent others from buying a phone they may thoroughly enjoy?

I use both an iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S II. I find them both quite nice and the differences are great enough to keep things interesting. I've used every iPhone since the beginning and I've done the same with Android phones.

If not for good competition, things would be very boring.

6. imeth macrumors regular

Don't torture yourself any longer.. Sell what you don't need and buy the 4s ASAP. You are missing out.

7. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

My dad wants to switch to iPhone. Is there any resale value for Android devices?

He has a Sprint on 2.3 with 4" screen like new. He hates it.

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Funny how you are going back to iPhone yet you still have negative votes.

Welcome back to iPhone. I love my 4S. Will love my next iPhone too.

9. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Yeah... I saw it. Maybe I need positive votes from all you guys... :D

10. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Funny how I was reading your first post, trying so hard to find which Android Phone you were complaining about.
    But if I call it correctly, on third post you refer HTC Inspire for something you call as "unwanted Android phone", am I right?
    Well .. just a saying, you should name the specific Android you were talking about, you know .. there are many of them :p

But something like Nexus is a great Android device, a worthy contender for iPhone TBH. So yeah, 99% of them maybe suck in some aspect, but 1% is good enough to keep iPhone on track for competition.

11. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I just wanted to make clear that I wasn't doing an Android hater thread... just that. Everybody is welcome to do their own experiment and come up with their own opinion about Androids.

----------

Well, the phone it's not the problem... it's the OS of it.. In this case Android. That's why the phone model is irrelevant.

----------

I wonder why the negatives?...:confused:

12. jredecop macrumors 6502a

Htc, Motorola, samsung and all the others mess up the os. Make it Laggy and just weird. Pure android 4.0 would really surprise you. Coming from an iPhone 4s owner.

13. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Everything has a resale value.

14. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

First off, you can't lump all "androids" in the same category just because of the OS. Every phone does not deliver the same experience. It's just like a computer, each computer than runs windows is not going to be the same. A cheap celeron computer isn't going to run as well as an i7. The same applies when you're talking about "androids". In your case you yes the phone itself is very much the problem. You may not realize it but it is. The inspire the basically AT&T's version of the Evo. The Evo came out two generations ago! That would be like me judging the iPhone based on the 3gs (which came out two generations ago). When you decided to go android you decided to go cheap and you got what you paid for. The real lesson here is not to buy cheap phones. the experience on a phone like the Galaxy S2 or the Galaxy Nexus is WAY better than that on a phone like the Inspire. Heck the Nexus S is a better phone than the Inspire...and the Nexus S came out a year ago..so that tells you a lot. It really sounds like you didn't take the time to check anything about the phone you'd be selecting before you bought it and had already decided that every android phone is the same and decided to go cheap. Bottom line, you get what you pay for.

15. toomuchtax macrumors newbie

When 4G was rolling out I thought I was missing out on something, so I called the AT&T store and inquired about the Samsung Galaxy, which I have read so many good reviews. The rep told me that every iPhone user that ran to Android (any model) ran back to iPhone faster. Told me that we are "spoiled" with iPhone because everything just works, while people get frustrated easy on Android since you have to do everything yourself (setups, etc). So I remain with iPhone, now a 4S. It runs better and faster than my 4 did. It also picks up the faster 3G network AT&T now offers. Yeah, I know its not LTE but its fine.

16. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

Yeah I don't have an issue with the 4S, though the whole "it just works" thing is really just a marketing catch phrase and isn't true. The 4 and 4s have their problems just like any other phone does. That being said I think the 4s is a decent phone, it just tickles me when I see threads like this where people make a comparison and they say "android" when they're talking about one phone as if android is the phone. Then when you finally get down to what phone they're talking about their talking about some low end phone that they shouldn't even be comparing to the iPhone to begin with. Basically, you have to compare high end phones to high end phones, not a high end phone to a free phone. If a person is going to make a comparison, compare apples to apples (pun intended lol).

17. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

You are right... I wish I had the money to get a better Android phone. Like you said.. the Inspire is not a good phone to make me test the Android OS. Will see if I can get my hands on a Galaxy S2 or a Nexus S to make a fair comparison.

18. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

Bear in mind the Nexus S is a year old now and there is a new iteration of it that's been released (Galaxy Nexus). I'd say take a look at either the Galaxy Nexus, Razr, or Galaxy S2. Note: To get the best representation though, I'd suggest the Galaxy Nexus, mostly because it has the newest version of android on it that you won't see on any other phone right now.

19. Sirolway macrumors 6502

a. How about getting a 2nd hand 3GS ... mine still runs ok-ish on iOS5 & APple are still selling them, so I guess they're still viable option

b. I'm sure I've read of Android people install 'clean' Android 4.0 ... perhaps try that. I'm not at all surprised to hear that Google produced a great OS, only for the handset makers & carriers to mess it up by fiddling ...

20. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Welcome back to the dark side !

Why not sell the android and use the funds to buy a used iPhone 4s.

In the Uk we have a really good high street shop that buys your phone off you and you can trade it off against your purchase of a phone from them. They are used but are fully tested and come with their own added on 12 month warranty.

21. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

OP should definitely not do that. Those are alpha builds made by the modding community. They are quite buggy as they are built from porting from sdk or some from the GNex rom. Bottom line, that probably wouldn't be a good idea for the OP to do that. That's more so for the people who already have an android phone and can't wait for ICS and want to preview it (with major bug risks).

I agree. This is what it sounds like is the best bet for the OP. Though it sounds like the issue with funds will remain because a low end phone like the infuse is only going to fetch around $200 used...$250 tops. So for him to pay full cost for an iphone 4 or 4s, it would still leave him with a good portion of out of pocket cost.

22. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Yes, that's what I'm planning on doing. It's always good an extra cash.
    Hope to have my new iPhone 4S by this sunday... yeah!!!

23. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I went from an unlocked original iPhone to an iPhone 3G on T-Mobile, and jumped ship for a Nexus One mainly because I was sick of edge data speeds. While I enjoyed the N1 and T-Mobile's "4G" speeds, I always missed the iPhone. Then I hopped on over to Verizon the day before they did away with unlimited data and got a 4, then upgraded to a 4S a few weeks ago, and am loving my iPhone again! While T-Mobile's data speed was MUCH faster than Verizon's on paper, I hardly notice a difference at all in "real-world" usage. Honestly I can only tell it's slower when I run the Speed Test app.
    The ONLY thing I miss about my N1 was the fact that I had free unlimited tethering on T-Mobile with it. I didn't use it that much, but it sure was useful in a pinch.