Back to school offer: Should buy Ipod touch 8gb or 32 GB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by himamart, Jun 14, 2010.

1. himamart macrumors newbie

Hi, I am planning to buy MacBook pro...as there is back to school offer going on.. wish to know which iPOD model should i buy?? 8GB or 32 GB?? considering new iPOD Touch is gonna release in sept.... thnx..

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

If you just want to enjoy a bit of music and a few apps with web browsing and email get the 8GB for free with the BTS deal. If you want all the bells and whistles of better graphics, faster processor more ram etc as well as full compatibility with iOS 4 defiantly go for the 32GB. The current model 8GB shares the same hardware as the old 2008 touch 2g and will not get all features of iOS 4.0 and after the September iPod update will basically become obsolete.

3. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Either way, the iPod isn't technically free. You get a rebate for up to a certain amount (I believe $199 USD is the limit) when the package ships. I would recommend waiting, but if you must have it now, go for the 32 GB.

Oh, and if it isn't rebate-or-bust, or if you might not be getting the Mac, check them out here (Cheaper than Apple by a long shot): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/iPods/ci/12371/N/4290487990

Hope you figure it out,

Slippy