Back to School Sale and soon-to-be-released MacBooks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by IdiddidI, Jul 16, 2008.

1. IdiddidI macrumors member

If new/refreshed MacBooks are released prior to the end of the Back to School Sale, do you think they will qualify for the free iPod Touch deal? Or will the sale apply only to the existing models? Is there a precedent for this?

2. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

Usually they don't apply, I remember when they refreshed ipods during the promotion and only the older ipods were eligible, I suspect it'd be the same for computers. Think of how much uproar apple would get if they brought a brand new mac that was eligible for the same offer at the same time as the old one.

3. moranej macrumors newbie

you really think that apple would make the new macbooks not valid with the back to school promotion? What happened when they released the imacs last year? Were the new imacs still eligible? Anyone know?

4. IdiddidI thread starter macrumors member

Yes, but you weren't buying the iPods, you were getting them for free, just like the current deal. If they come out with new Touches before Sept 15, I'm sure those will be ineligible...

I don't know if the iMac refresh happened during the Back to School last year, but it would be good info to have!

5. gadgetlover33 macrumors newbie

doesnt make sense

when apple brings out a new product or updates an existing one the new one takes the place in the store (retail and online) so i would think when you buy that new product since it's in the store it would also be available with the deal if it's still occurring. correct me if i'm wrong.

6. soccerplayaatl macrumors member

Why dont you read the terms and conditions of the offer available on the promotion page on Apple.com before speculating?

It says that any Macbook Computer is eligible while the iPod Touch/Nano models are specifically listed.

7. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Weren't the SR MBPs release during the BTS promotion last year? Or was that right before it started?

8. ihabime macrumors 6502

The SR MBPs were released on june 5th last year, the same day the back to school event started. A new iMac was released in Aug of last year and IIRC it was included in the BTS.