Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I picked up my watch yesterday and paired it with my phone. Left the house with 88% battery and 6 hours later it was completely dead. Now it won’t even recognize the charger. Dead. ‍

44mm, space gray, WiFi

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Bummer, but at least it happened to a buckeye
Shade.
[doublepost=1537622487][/doublepost]I’m a little concerned about the battery life on the Apple Watch series 4. Mine seemed to be draining pretty quickly yesterday evening before bed. Before I went to sleep, I restarted both my XS Max and my series 4 and am hoping for better battery life today. I set it up as new instead of restoring from a backup.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
Exchanged watches and the battery life is much better. In the past 7 hours, it’s down only 20%.

One problem was my series 2 trade in. Apple saw my exchange of watches as a “return”. This cancelled their buy back of my old watch. Now I have to go to the store to sell my old watch and hope the value didn’t drop. Ugh.

Reactions: cwosigns

Swisspo

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
Ohio
I picked up my watch yesterday and paired it with my phone. Left the house with 88% battery and 6 hours later it was completely dead. Now it won’t even recognize the charger. Dead. ‍

44mm, space gray, WiFi

Same thing here, only I have to go with the mail in process since I don't have a store close to me.. I was starting to think this only happened to me lol

Sword86

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Exchanged watches and the battery life is much better. In the past 7 hours, it’s down only 20%.

One problem was my series 2 trade in. Apple saw my exchange of watches as a “return”. This cancelled their buy back of my old watch. Now I have to go to the store to sell my old watch and hope the value didn’t drop. Ugh.

I’m down 23% after 9 hours. S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.