Backorder Nightmare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SHileman, Sep 23, 2012.

1. SHileman macrumors newbie

I ordered two iPhone 5's the evening of the 14th.
    16 gig black and a white.
    white one went off backorder last night with no other details and the black one is still backordered.

Just curious who is still there with me!? What method of ordering did you do?
    I ordered in store at AT&T...which was obviously a mistake.
    :confused:

2. iHawaii macrumors member

Hi - there is a sticky thread on the 1st page that will have your answer, and many more. Check the ATT Pre-order thread. I hope that helps!

3. SHileman thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I have been following that one as well.. just figured I could get more opinions and situations from people other than just AT&T to see what they're dealing with! thanks :D

4. iHawaii macrumors member

A quick glance at that thread (I wore it out for a few days because it was pop-corn worthy) shows me you are not alone in the don't-have-it-yet boat. It will be worth the wait, I assure you. Here's to hoping it's sooner rather than later!

5. Soccergirl1245 macrumors newbie

I ordered 16gb black on the 15th and its still backordered

6. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Went into my nearby Mall and the Verizon store at time of opening today (this Sunday) and they had some iphone 5 (black and white 16 GB) for sale. I didn't bite, because now waiting for the Scuff/Nicks/WiFi/Screen issues to work themselves out. Just have to look OP in your neighborhood. Best Buy/Verizon/AT&T stores to name three

7. flynnst0ne macrumors regular

Wow... This does indeed some like a real nightmare. Absolutely nightmarish!:rolleyes:

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Just a bit overly dramatic don't you think? It's a nightmare like starving people and child rape? A bit of perspective ffs.

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

Ordered Tuesday off sprint.com. No tracking # yet.