Backpack / Case recomendations for MBP 13

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hazedragon45, Nov 28, 2009.

1. hazedragon45 macrumors regular

I've owned my MBP for a week and have yet to get a case or backpack. Any suggestions for one at a decent price? What do you use? I'm leaning more towards a packpack with a specific pocket just for the MBP. thanks

2. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

SOLO makes a nice leather rustic looking backpack.

On the smaller side Eagle Creek makes a nice backpack called the "Hitch".

3. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

for grad school i bought a recon northface hiking backpack and its been great! Its very durable and comfortable and really worth the money. i got it on ebay for 60 I think, but i would totally paid full price for it ($90).

4. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

For a case, i ended up with the Booq Taipan skin. I use this in my backpack that isn't meant for a laptop. I'll be getting a new backpack soon that holds a laptop just for extra security. I like the case. Its small enough to not add too much bulk, but i feel it provides enough protection.

http://www.booqbags.com/laptop-backpacks-laptop-bags/13mb/Taipan-skin-S-black

Also, I think i got mine off amazon on sale. It was cheaper than their own site.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Timbuk2

Their messenger bags are THE original bike messenger bags w/ballistic nylon and padded pockets for laptops. I have 2, my wife has 1 and my sister has 1. In addition to messenger bags, they make simple laptop sleeves.

6. Jay28 macrumors newbie

I recommend an incase case for the MBP I have one and its extremely soft and offers protection when you dump it in to your book bag. IF you are looking for a awesome book for your MBP I would say North Face Recon has 3 openings and looks freaken awesome. :D

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The best backpack for those who want a narrow backpack that stays close to the back, and also keeps it's square shape and doesn't sag when you fill it (and sag looks unprofessional, and generally, really uncool) when you fill it is the Incase Nylon backpack. It looks like a little bit like a solid briefcase on your back, except it's soft and comfortable.

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

After using Incase, Booq and STM - I finally bought a Tom Bihn bag. There really isn't a whole lot of comparison, the quality is unrivaled. I will however say that for the $100 I paid for my Large Loop (STM) it was a great bag.

9. supertramp macrumors newbie

don't buy Oakley bags

i'll recommend you what NOT to buy - Oakley.

i have one which was barely used and 1 of the zipper broke. i took it to Oakley but they said they can't help me because i don't have the receipt. it was just over 6 months old.

10. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

EDIT: I meant "Crumpler"

Their messenger bags are THE original bike messenger bags w/ballistic nylon and padded pockets for laptops. I have 2, my wife has 1 and my sister has 1. In addition to messenger bags, they make simple laptop sleeves.[/QUOTE]

I second this suggestion. Timbuk2. (most of theirs are messenger bags, some are knapsacks)
    I have an over the shoulder for 3yrs now and its been through hell & high water (literally through a rain storm while walking for 300meters). This thing is still in the same quality as the day I bought it. I even had a protein shake with milk sitting in it for 3hrs (during work shift), and it washed out in the laundry (1x) completely.