Backup change from computer to iCloud: will i lose all my backup from the computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lizannec, Feb 8, 2013.

1. lizannec macrumors newbie

I've been backing up my phone I currently have through the computer/iTunes ever since I got it in 2011 and I'm about to get a whole new replacement phone that I will have to restore using the data i have saved on backup.

I'm just wondering, if I switch from using backup to computer >>>to>>> backup to iCloud, will it delete all the data i have been previously backing up from the computer and not restore onto the new iphone because i didnt use iCloud for that backup??? or will it be okay and it will back up the data i have stored from BOTH computer and iCloud??

Main reason for asking is because I may need to switch to iCloud to backup my phone so that some of the apps I use and the data I have on those will be backed up toobut i think i can only select these apps using iCloud. Therefore I need to know before I switch!

Please help! Thanks

2. wxman2003 Suspended

Backup on both! First backup via itunes on computer, then after that is done, backup via icloud. Backup will remain on computer. When you get your replacement, you can turn backup from icloud off on phone, and restore from backup through itunes on pc if you want. I do that when I travel.

3. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

No if you go into preferences and then devices it will actually show you all the backups on your computer

4. Pl1Gl2 macrumors newbie

Back up online

Hi,
    I back up with iTunes and the cloud. I also back up all my music, photos and pc files online so that if anything does go wrong I can safely retrieve everything. This link is where I back up all my files free.

http://goo.gl/3VahX.

Hope this helps you.

5. lizannec thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much! I'll try that :)

----------

Oh okay, thanks!

----------

Yeah im going to try out backing up from both! Thank you for that :)