Bad news -- Apple Store.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blue rocket, Sep 19, 2013.

1. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

Bad news from the Westfarms Apple Store in CT.

I decided to swing by to see what was up around 9:45 after a movie. Line was already around past J-Crew. An apple store employee said someone would be out within 10-15 minutes to let people know what was up. An hour went by and he finally came out -- apparently they had what I would imagine was 1-3 gold phones, same with white/silver. They seemed to have a pretty good stock of 16 & 32 blacks for most carriers. They had NO unlocked phones at all. When he got to me (I was waiting on 2 gold 64gb verizon's) he told me to go home and order online, supplies for gold are extremely low.

I honestly think if you want a black 16 or 32gb, you should get in line right now and you will HOPEFULLY get one, if you want anything other than that... no dice.

Sorry for the bad news, but I'm happy he let us know before waiting in line all night.

2. FooArk macrumors 6502

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

At least you didn't have to wait until the morning to find out. That was really nice of the Apple rep :)

4. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

5. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

how does ANY store get such a limited supply of a high demand product? I guess since no pre-order, it's a first come first serve basis with 5 iPhones in store.

6. Amenite macrumors newbie

WOW! :mad:

7. tundotcom macrumors member

lol I'm definitely not even going to bother heading to the store now

8. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I hope ours tell us. I'm number 15 in line. I definitely don't want to be here if they don't have a gold. This is ridiculous if true for all stores. Might as well not even have it. I guess they didn't want the whole white iPhone 4 ordeal again

9. wxman2003 Suspended

Umm, could it be the OP is telling us this to stop people from standing in line so he/she can get the phone they want. I highly doubt there are only 1-3 white phones at an Apple store. It's almost as popular and slate/gray.

10. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Well that would be consistent from what I've been told personally by carrier stores around here so... it's not that hard to believe.

11. blue rocket thread starter macrumors 6502

blue rocket

Yah, totally sucks. I'm extremely happy I decided to swing by to check things out, even nicer that they did let everyone know if it was worth it staying in line, while he didn't say the exact numbers in stock -- judging from the people waiting, those super low numbers are probably pretty accurate.

I'm really surprised by this, it's a good sized store and they had tons of iPhone 5's when they came out, as well as every other Apple product i've gotten from that store on launch day.

Up at 3am EST for me to hopefully get one online! I'm hoping some of you guys/girls have better luck with your Apple stores!

BTW, I also stopped by a large Verizon store earlier in the day (place was dead) and the guy hinted that they had only a few blacks in stock, nothing else (unless you wanted a 5C).

Not cool on Apple's part -- there are going to be a lot of pissed off customers in the morning!

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

that seems to be a lot more than what most stores and carriers outside apple stores will get.

13. blue rocket thread starter macrumors 6502

blue rocket

are you serious man? Go there for yourself and find out... try to help you guys and people are in disbelief -- you can apologize in the morning when you find out this is the case everywhere.

BTW, at this mall you can actually go in side and came out on the floor, no waiting outside -- at least it would have been comfy.

It's also kind of sad to see that there were about 20+ old asian folks in line, obviously buying as many as they can to sell and make a profit.

14. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Lol at this racist/stereotyping comment. :p

15. WestCoastPro macrumors newbie

Can't make fingerprint sensors fast enough.

16. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

From what I've read it looks like apple shipped the majority of gold iPhones to China.

17. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Buddy works for best buy in king of Prussia, a big busy best buy, they are getting 25 iPhones 5s, about 6 per carrier, ALL GREY. Only 1 64 gb. This launch is a bust

----------

Seems like Jobs put USA first, now the shows run by cook and its gone to ****. China?! Seriously.

18. tundotcom macrumors member

A friend of mine is on line at Manhasset Apple Store on Long Island. They have about 5 gold phones per carrier they're saying.

19. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Why do I keep seeing comments like this? I thought the 5S including bands for CDMA and GSM. Isn't it one model across the board now?

20. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I called the Tmobile store and they said they aren't getting any. It was one rep so I can't put too much stock in it but he said T-Mo will be sending to online orders *before* giving their stores stock. o_O

21. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

so 20 gold? not terrible

22. sleepyking macrumors 6502

That's not not terrible. That's like 3 16GB and 1 32 and 1 64. Versus the 100's in line hoping to get a gold

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

24. orangebluedevil macrumors 6502

25. blue rocket thread starter macrumors 6502

blue rocket

it was the same thing here, when I got there the main door was open, about 20-30 people took down all displays, 10 minutes later they blacked out the entire front and obviously began setting up the new displays. At that time there were about as many Apple employees as people waiting.

Going to be a lot of disappointed people unless you want a low capacity black 5S.