Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emelkay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
United States
I was just wondering if anyone has found that they've had a more difficult time setting up their Bank of America accounts on Apple Pay versus others? I've had zero issues linking any of my other cards up, but BoA is giving me a super hard time of it. Anyone else finding this is the case for them as well?

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
I remember setting up my new iPhone 6 and it asked if I wanted to add to Apple Pay the credit card that was on file with iTunes. I chose YES and everything was done for me, no other intervention was required of me. What issues have you experienced?

emelkay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
United States
I remember setting up my new iPhone 6 and it asked if I wanted to add to Apple Pay the credit card that was on file with iTunes. I chose YES and everything was done for me, no other intervention was required of me. What issues have you experienced?

I'm so glad it worked so well for you! :)

I have had a much different experience lol. There is, understandably, a verification process to ensure that it is in fact me calling to set it up. I appreciate the security, however, I've had to call multiple times to 'verify', each time being told that something has gone wrong in the verification process. Meaning I have to wait a full 24 hours before I can call and try to verify again. I had no issues with my other cards so I'm not sure what it is that they're doing differently.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
I'm so glad it worked so well for you! :)

I have had a much different experience lol. There is, understandably, a verification process to ensure that it is in fact me calling to set it up. I appreciate the security, however, I've had to call multiple times to 'verify', each time being told that something has gone wrong in the verification process. Meaning I have to wait a full 24 hours before I can call and try to verify again. I had no issues with my other cards so I'm not sure what it is that they're doing differently.

Ok, I'm guessing the difference in experiences between you and I was that my credit card was already on file with iTunes, so Apple Pay was able to skip the verification.

emelkay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
United States
Ok, I'm guessing the difference in experiences between you and I was that my credit card was already on file with iTunes, so Apple Pay was able to skip the verification.

Ah, that would make sense. It's not my primary card. Although, I was still required to call and get a verification code for my primary which is linked to my iTunes account. BoA asks a series of randomized questions obtained by public record to verify that you are who you say you are. It may just be their systems being wonky. I'm sure it'll work eventually, I just don't feel like having to talk to BoA every day to get it done lol.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
Ah, that would make sense. It's not my primary card. Although, I was still required to call and get a verification code for my primary which is linked to my iTunes account. BoA asks a series of randomized questions obtained by public record to verify that you are who you say you are. It may just be their systems being wonky. I'm sure it'll work eventually, I just don't feel like having to talk to BoA every day to get it done lol.

I can understand you not wanting to be bothered on a daily basis, no one would tolerate that. However, BofA shouldn't be asking for answers that can be obtained from public records.

emelkay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
United States
I can understand you not wanting to be bothered on a daily basis, no one would tolerate that. However, BofA shouldn't be asking for answers that can be obtained from public records.

I called the number directly in the Apple Pay app, but I'll do some more research on it and stick with what I have currently attached to Apple Pay for now. I thought it was strange that the verification process was done that way when no other companies required that kind of set up. Thanks for responding:) Still curious if anyone out there has had a similar issue with BoA.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Added my BofA credit card, got a call (or perhaps called provided number--can't recall at the moment), and after a quick conversation the card was ready to use in Apple Pay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.