Banksy Hits New York's Most Famous Museums (All of them)

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
The art world is full of snobs so you have to force your way in..... nice idea.
Artistic terrorism - well sort of.

Comment

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
That is hilarious and quite interesting... I guess It's been done by others too, but I really like the way the pieces seem to fit with the sorrounding paintings - untill you dicover the grafitti behind the admiral or the fighter-bomber wings on the beetle... thanks for passing that on...

Chappers said:
The art world is full of snobs so you have to force your way in..... nice idea.
Artistic terrorism - well sort of.
Perhaps guerilla-art would be a proper term for it :rolleyes:

A

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
He seems to have some artistic talent. Andy Warhol comes to mind.

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
those four paintings definitely show artistic talent in a variety of mediums too

nice approch, you shouldnt be dead, an alcoholic or whatever to be a well known artist

AWESOME!!

Comment

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
Hehe... Nice homepage he's got. I like his "manifesto":

• Be aware that going on a major mission totally drunk out of your head will result in some truly spectacular artwork and at least one night in the cells.

• When explaining yourself to the Police its worth being as reasonable as possible. Graffiti writers are not real villains. I am always reminded of this by real villains who consider the idea of breaking in someplace, not stealing anything and then leaving behind a painting of your name in four foot high letters the most retarded thing they ever heard of.

• Remember crime against property is not real crime. People look at an oil painting and admire the use of brushstrokes to convey meaning. People look at a graffiti painting and admire the use of a drainpipe to gain access
Couldn't find the cows though... would like to see those...

A

Comment