Bannon: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by arkitect, Jan 3, 2018.

1. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Happy New Year DJT…

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book
    "Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president’s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.

Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”

Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, reportedly based on more than 200 interviews with the president, his inner circle and players in and around the administration, is one of the most eagerly awaited political books of the year. In it, Wolff lifts the lid on a White House lurching from crisis to crisis amid internecine warfare, with even some of Trump’s closest allies expressing contempt for him."

Fire and Fury will be published next week.

I can hardly wait.

2. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

Bannon, I wonder what he does and doesn't know as the former Chief of Staff.

Don Jr. he looks like the type of guy who has everything handed to him.

Books. If this is just a collection of annomouse sources telling stories that cannot be backed up I think I will skip it.

3. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Bannon has no love for anyone around Trump. Certainly not his family. My guess is he thinks this won’t touch Trump but might get Don Jr. and Jared in trouble and he’d probably love to see that happen.

4. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

He probably saw Trump as easily manipulated, and still does. Plus, he wants to sell some books. In his defense, as with most things Trump, reality seems stranger than fiction, so events he brings up are probably factual, though who knows what warped personal views he’ll have of those events.

Not sure why he thinks Trump Jr.’s meeting was so horrible but all of Trump’s actions regarding Russia after the election is ok.

I don’t think this book will help Trump, unless it tries to paint him as the sole good person in a sea of people dragging him down, including his own family,

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Bannon wants to tear it all down.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

FAKE BOOK! ANONYMOUS SOURCES! DISHONEST AUTHOR! I BARELY KNOW STEVE B

Just getting ahead of the curve

7. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Oh my

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Is Bannon advertising that he wants to testify?

9. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

Yes the people who I think are manipulating Trump to get they want to start with Russia and ends with Mike Pence and everybody else in the Republican Party. I swear if Trump wasn’t such an easy play nobody would be tolerating him. My favorite is the videos of cabinet members sucking up to Trump. Little does he know that they’re just pulling his strings one at a time. This would make for a great TV show

10. Huntn, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Wow, I can hardly wait for Supreme Leader’s spin on this. :) You must wonder when the **** will finally stick to the boss, when the **** is finally revealed to be generated by the boss?

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump's the kind of dad/guy who would likely throw both his sons under the bus to save his hide. Not sure the same applies to Ivanka...

12. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

I would laugh if Trump flips on hos own kids.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Not sure it would be a flipping. Just not letting them take him down too...

14. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

Protecting yourself at the expense of others = flip Just me...? Maybe?

15. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

16. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

No probably ask us about Hillary and her deals with other countries, u know...trying to delfect the issue.

17. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Lemme get this straight - Bannon is turning on Trump? I thought they were best buddies or something.

18. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

And I bet he'll claim he doesn't even know those kids anyway! They belong to Ivana and she raised them!

19. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I doubt it. I believe he's using Trump as some sort of pawn in his agenda. There's no way he'd actually like Trump just because he's Trump, as Trump wasn't even a conservative until a few years ago, even then a washy one.

20. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

I agree with that statement that he was using Trump is some sort of pawn. Now that Trump has dismissed Banan from the White House staff there’s really no reason to play pretend anymore

21. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

22. juanm, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

The beauty of this from the Russia’s standpoint is that they have already won: no matter what happens, they have the US trapped in a turmoil.

They either have an utterly incompetent puppet at their service in the WH, or the US impeaches him, and the rift keeps on growing, with a nation more divided than ever and centered in sorting their own sh*t instead of maintaining their hegemony.

Either way, they win. And they are trying the same in Europe (Brexit, Catalonia, Le Pen)

23. SoggyCheese macrumors 6502

SoggyCheese

Hmmmm. It's Bannon, and therefore Mercer, generated.

No, I don't trust it. Wait and see on this, but I won't be at all surprised if it turns out to be a load of BS.

24. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Yes, he’s a despicable person, and an attention wh*re extraordinaire (surpassed only by Trump) but like it or not, he was at the center of it all for a long time, and he has to know a lot.