Barack Obama on GayPride! Oh i just love him!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cindynjgirl79, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Well Obama just went up a few points in my book. It's really just about being treated as equally as the next person, and he hit that nail right on the head.

3. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

yes he does! i just saw him and his wife on cspan today. she has a few ideas about what a 1st lady role should be in the white house. they way she handles is so much better than laura bush ever could. not like it's that hard to do.

yes is do watch cspan a lot:D

4. furious macrumors 65816

furious

I want he to Run the US just because he is the embodiment of Awesome. :p

This also adds to his total. Which incidentally stands at beyond Awesome.

5. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

one thing to say.....huh? i think u like him right ha ha ha ha

6. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

If you guys don't vote him in I won't be happy.

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Exactly, which why I wonder about the people who posted comments saying that they won't support him unless he says "gay marriage". Is the name really important as long as the rights are the same? Within reason, of course, I'm not saying butt buddies should be fine.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Me neither. You owe this to us! :p

9. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Well to be fair, there's a big conceptual leap for some people from civil union to marriage; in NJ, we just passed a civil unions law and there's been some major issues with employers, hospitals, etc declaring they don't care what the law says, it aint marriage they aint helping. Now, yes, you can hire a lawyer, get an injunction etc but that doesn't solve the issue for months. Having said that, I still think Obama rocks for making that statement. He's definitely one of the good ones.

10. sgarringer macrumors regular

Too bad he doesn't have enough political connections to actually get anything done. The next Jimmy Carter here he comes!

11. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Hilary may have the connections but she doesn't have the charisma. After eight years of a wet paper bag, I'm ready for someone who makes me feel something other than despair.

12. Winterfell macrumors regular

I have to say, it's extremely nice to hear a reasonably clear and positive statement on gay rights, rather than the usual skirting around the issue in which most centrist or leftist politicians partake. I'm sick of hearing about "traditional family values" and other BS the conservative politicians (and they're not the only ones, I know) throw around.

Way to go. This definitely earns him points in my book.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh, he'll probably have an even bigger Dem majority in the House and Senate, so that'll count for something. The people who do have all the connections won't change squat with what's wrong with this country.

Incidentally, nice to see a few new "faces" in here. Was this thread moved here from Current Events or something? If so, y'all are invited to come around more often. We don't bite. (Much.) :D

14. Queso macrumors G4

Well if he doesn't reach the White House in 2008, can you send him here ready for the 2010 General Election? Between Cameron, Brown and The Other One™ we could do with someone with charisma and a clear vision.

15. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

don't worry he has my vote!

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

17. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

As for Hillary, I'm just going to come out and say it. She's a bitch. God help us all if she gets elected into office.

Now as for Obama, he's got my vote. I just hope this isn't one of those instances where the politician says one thing before being elected, and does another after.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Obama had my vote. But....after reading this though..........

HE DEFINITELY HAS MY VOTE!

(you didn't think I was one of those goddamn homophobic bigots, did you? :D)

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well he had my vote anyways. glad to see him proving that i had a good choice anyways. :D

20. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

lee i hope your right

21. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If I'm not- I give up. :)

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yes we do.

As for Obama, this definitely puts him up a point in my book. In the past he's been fairly wishy washy in his response to gay rights, but this time he seems to be making the same argument many of us have. That it's about rights, no matter what your personal belief. Rights we all should have, for the good of all. I still disagree with him on some minor issues I've mentioned in the past, and was very disappointed with his stumbling through his weak healthcare plan during a speech awhile ago, but he finally nailed this issue. Just hope the people agree with it as well, not that this will be reported on.

And yeah, no Hillary for me thanks. Even if she wins the primary, I don't see her winning the general. I'd hate having to vote for her if the Repub candidate isn't great.

I'd be more willing to vote for Obama, but don't think he really could win. :eek: Sorry. Don't know, people can be pretty racist.

24. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

if we get nother republican in office in 08 i'm leaving! i don't care who the democrats give the nomination to, just as long as they can win against whoever the republican put up there. i don't get a democrat in office in 08 i'm moving to amsterdam and becoming a hooker. it could happen. lee your more than welcome to come.:)