Barack Obama traveling to Kenya this July

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FreemanW, Mar 30, 2015.

1. FreemanW macrumors 6502

Oh boy! Get the popcorn popper warmed up. Fluff up the cushions in the comfy chair. The looney tune birthers are gonna be eating cake this July when President Barack Hussein Obama travels to Kenya to attend a global entrepreneurship summit.

The GOP, a dependable gift, that keeps on giving.

They're gonna be apoplectic with froth and foam spewing from the birther wing.

The "sane" component of the GOP will watch from the sidelines, putting on their disingenuous show of half-hearted disapproval while the GOP hopes for 2016 disappear into the FOX NEWS Fair and Balanced krazy train ratings tunnel.

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I love how it's Obama's fault the Birthers react like this. He's 'inciting' them. No concept of personal responsibility, all the furriner's fault. (Also, I find it amusing that autocorrect tried to insert Birchers for Birthers. Six o' one, half a dozen of the scary black other).

4. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Remember O'bama of Moneygall?

2008:

2011:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8532484/Barack-Obamas-visit-to-UK-and-Ireland-day-one.html

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/musical-brothers-back-on-the-barack-bandwagon-26717368.html

When I was a wee lad, "No Irish need apply" was still a bitter little bit of history in the U.S.

5. FreemanW thread starter macrumors 6502

That is genuinely funny.

When an aircraft is flying without human input, it's on autopilot.

The birther's, yeah, they're on autokrazy.

They are certifiable lunartics of the highest order. They would be shunned and locked up in padded rooms if not for FOX NEWS and Hate Radio providing cover to their behavior.

6. Robisan macrumors 6502

7. FreemanW thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess I posted this too soon.

It will be epic when it happens and FOX NEWS cycles it into their 24 hour drivel.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Given recent events, doesn't seem like a good time to be in that part of the world.

10. Robisan macrumors 6502

Probably just looking for a site for his presidential library...

11. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Anywhere the POTUS goes, it can be very dangerous... except for Canada

12. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Hey, cut the guy some slack. He's just homesick. :D

13. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Yeah, isn't Canada great? Gotta love our Northern neighbors...

14. kendall69 macrumors regular

15. zin macrumors 6502

An article with the words "Kenyan-born" is enough to discredit a birth certificate? How do you know the author wasn't referring to his Kenyan ancestry (his father) as opposed to a place of birth? How do you know the article itself wasn't fabricated given that the original source no longer exists?

Do you allege that the birth certificate published on the White House website is fraudulent?

EDIT: Just as I thought, there is a Snopes page on this very article. Turns out the article in that form is fabricated.

It looks like you were fooled. Rather easily, too.

16. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Possibly the people in his real homeland who have his birth certificate showing that he was born in Hawaii just like he said.

Have you really never seen a typo in an online news article before, or errors in fact checking? I'll give you a hint, one of the two happened in your linked article.

Assuming that there really is some sort of giant conspiracy to show that he was born in the US when he really wasn't why would it matter as his mother is an American citizen thus wherever he was born he is a native born citizen.

----------

Be prepared for him to repost his deleted rant about how Snopes is a liberal conspiracy to keep people away from the true facts... :eek:

17. mudslag, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

And snopes is good enough for the rest of us. Specially considering that the Kenya version not only misspelled Baracks name adding another R, it doesn't provide the AP reporters name nor does it provide any evidence to support it's claim. Given that Obama's father who happens to have the exact same name but is Sr who was Kenya born,while President Obama is Jr., someone added it out of national pride for someone who has roots from Kenya to be in such a position of power. Lastly and equally imporant, AP itself has no article stating such reference of Obama being born in Kenya. Seems awfully strange that a world renowned news organization doesn't even have a copy of an article it supposedly wrote nor does that article appear anywhere else in the world. Almost as if it never existed in the first place and someone just made it up.

So you claim AP is good enough while either being ignorant or ignoring the fact that AP has no actual article saying that. Oh yeah I forgot, the entire birther argument is pointless given his mother was a American-born citizen, making Barack a natural born citizen as well.

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

So, let's make sure we have the facts straight.

On one side, we have one of the largest governments in the world, with incredible amounts of resources into uncovering just about any detail on any person alive or dead, and the ability to exert any level of response.

On the other side, we have a reporter for "The Sunday Standard".

Cool story, bro.

19. pdjudd macrumors 601

Not to mention that the author in question isn’t an AP reporter in Kenyan newspaper. The reporter isn’t Kenyan. He is an AP writer, but the whole “born in Kenya” is totally unique to that article and seems to be added by someone else (who cannot spell as it has been pointed out). So no, the AP didn’t write that Obama was Kenyan (as it appears nowhere else in the world). We don’t know who wrote it, but given the name error, I think that we can conclude a other errors.

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And again, one must wonder, what possible difference between Barack Obama and all other presidents before him could explain this kind of accusation?

But, of course, it's not About Race, because nothing is ever About Race.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    He could be gored by a moose. I hear they're pretty wild up there.

22. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

So, you believe on article from the AP, but not the hundreds of others by the same agency that say the President was born in Hawaii?

Assuming that Snopes is incorrect and that the lede wasn't just tacked on by The Sunday Times, why would you believe one article over dozens of others?

I think I know the answer.

23. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

They apologize after goring you.