Barr appoints U.S. attorney to investigate Russia probe origins

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by linuxcooldude, May 13, 2019.

1. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

So it begins or rather continues. Barr is having Horowitz look into wiretaps for Carter Page, with a bevy of other related investigations into the 2016 spying into the Trump campaign.

I think Barr suspects based on the progress of investigations so far, possible criminal conduct and the reason for assigning U.S. Connecticut prosecutor to the case.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/13/john-durham-appointed-william-barr-investigate-rus/

Also interesting is the NYT article of FBI sending an investigator posing as an assistant to meet with Papadopoulos. Supposedly that started the whole Russian collusion story on the Trump Campaign.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive.

2. linuxcooldude thread starter macrumors 68020

We are getting there, the finish line is getting closer.

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Sooo, to be sure. Barr wants to investigate an investigation he himself doesn't want to answer questions about or fully release?

Ookay. o_O

4. linuxcooldude thread starter macrumors 68020

Patience, all will be revealed soon enough.

5. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Woooah! Now we're advocating patience. Ookay.

Why can't we have the report released, and then make all the pretexts to investigate the report afterwards?

6. linuxcooldude thread starter macrumors 68020

WTH? Did you even read what I posted? Mr. Horowitz’s findings are expected to be released this month or next. You should know by now they won't say much about ongoing investigations until they are over.

7. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

But investigations are being started now? For things related to an investigation we still haven't got fully released yet.

8. linuxcooldude thread starter macrumors 68020

It took two years for Mueller report to be released, but it certainly didn't prevent people from talking about till then.

Expecting several reports to come out soon.

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Which is why I was fascinated by the sudden call for patience.

Which was only surpassed by my fascination of calling for investigations into that investigation, but NOT wanting to release the results of that investigation or even answer questions about that investigation to real lawyers.

Seems a bit odd.

10. linuxcooldude thread starter macrumors 68020

It might help if your more spacific on what investigations you talking about.

Barr already talked to Congress about the Mueller report and does not need a middle man to talk to Congress, when he can do it himself.

Then again this thread is not about the Mueller report and is something to ask in the multiple threads already on that topic.

11. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

What is this ultimately about?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/us/politics/russia-investigation-justice-department-review.html

12. linuxcooldude thread starter macrumors 68020

13. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

No. I'm talking about the administration's press to begin investigations into what ultimately led to the Mueller report. Which is seems to take a spiteful spin to it, and may not be the only investigation about what led to the Mueller report.

14. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The mere fact that people are taking this seriously is definitive proof that we are living in insane times.

15. linuxcooldude thread starter macrumors 68020

You might consider it spiteful, despite all the evidence pointing to illegal wiretapping and spying on a Presidential Campaign and now President of the united States.
    --- Post Merged, May 13, 2019 ---
    Just like the Russian Collusion Delusion.

16. RichardMZhlubb, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019

RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Jesus ****ing Christ. I give up.

When the definitive history of this period is written, the election of Trump will pretty clearly be shown to represent the victory of stupidity over common sense.

17. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

A time when conniving leads, and stupid prevails.

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

How can you people rationalize and compare the SOP of "how" the FBI spies to an investigation of one of if not THE most immoral and corrupt individuals to ever hold a public off in this country astounds me.

19. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

See ya. If you need your thoughts validated, go to any bar in Adams Morgan and you'll easily find a group of people who will agree with everything you say. Maybe then your DC bubble can bring you some relief.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

The irony here is truly amazing

21. VulchR, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Let Barr investigate, but I do not what to hear a summary of the investigation from him. I want the full report to be given to Congress. I no longer trust Barr. The investigation will go nowhere in any case, other than perhaps make public all of the evidence that led to the investigation. Wouldn't that be interesting?

Anyone care to take bets about which investigations results in more convictions - Mueller's versus Barr's multiple investigations?

22. eatrains macrumors 6502

Weird how the party that screeches about LAW AND ORDER hates investigations when they’re the subject...

23. linuxcooldude thread starter macrumors 68020

Of course you don't like Barr. Anytime their investigations don't go the way you want, you don't like them. Take Comey, he was wonderful until he reopened the Clinton case.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

You're conflating a lot. Barr didn't do an investigation. Mueller did. Barr misrepresented the report and also lied to congress about his contact with Mueller. He also "auditioned" for his role by writing a multi-page memo about the investigation. There are a lot of reasons to not trust Barr.

I think you're mistaken about Comey. I think people like/liked him more after he was fired and it was clear that as much as he might have botched the Clinton thing (YMMV) - he cares a great deal about this country and his integrity. Something lacking in Barr and Trump. It's pathetic when Trump tweets "lyin Comey" given that he wouldn't know the truth if it was a cheeseburger entering his mouth.