Barr's Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Apr 18, 2019.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

So it's interesting to hear what is being said and what is not being said. So I look forward to reading the report.

Barr did a wonderful job of setting Trump up to be a victim and that should excuse some or all of the behavior we'll read about in the report of 10 incidents where Mueller studies whether or not he obstructed.

So I suspect there will a lot of debate on those 10 items.

2. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

This press conference shows why Trump hired Barr. He sounds like Trump’s personal lawyer not the AG.

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Just so we have all of this straight, the Mueller report is a 2 year investigation into Trump. Trump's AG gets it first, takes a week to process it then produces his own summary. Then weeks later, promises to issue a version with redactions but not until he and possibly the person being investigated have a press conference to frame their side. All before anyone has a chance to actually see it? Oh yeah, seems legit.

If Nixon were alive today even he would be saying WTF.

4. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Imagine what Republicans would be saying if this was Hillary and her AG.

5. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

How would you have described Eric Holder for Obama ? He even described himself as the president's wingman.

All presidents try to get an AG that is friendly to them.

6. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Right and I was never a fan of Obama or Holder. Neither were Republicans on the Hill.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

A reporter called Barr out for his descriptions of Trump... He dodged it. But she was spot on.

8. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Like it or not, the AG office is usually political.

Barr can say what he wants but he knows that anything he says will be carefully scrutinized (i.e. he will give opinion but I doubt he will lie).

9. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

10. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

"I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m here with my boy."
    --- Post Merged, Apr 18, 2019 ---
    The blonde? She failed.
    Resistance twitter is a mental illness. I am sure it will be full of references to kompromat and SIGINT and other ramblings.

[​IMG]

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you mean like Obama's DOJ interfered with the hillary mess and democrats did not care?

12. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I think this could backfire on Trump. If the report really does exonerate Trump then let it speak for itself. Instead the White House and AG decided to spin and go on a PR offensive before anyone has seen the report. I’m sure Trump supporters will be glad he’s on offense but this is more than that. This is the AG sounding like Trump’s personal attorney taking a victory lap.

13. raqball macrumors 68000

Yeah following the law is pure insanity right....

Its not the laws fault that the lefts media arms have been feeding them BS non-stop 24/7..

14. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

That’s whataboutism. Democrats doing something bad and not being called out for it doesn’t make it OK for Republicans to do the same.

Anyway here’s what a former Republican congressman (who used to be quite pro-Trump) said:

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

face it, no matter what was done the minute something was redacted is the minute the left was not happy. you call it whataboutism I call it a fair comparison :D
    Barr should have just released everything , even the classified info no matter the consequences.............:p

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

This is just sad and pathetic. This is POTUS.

17. raqball macrumors 68000

I don't blame him.... He has been called a Russian agent and treasonous by the left non-stop for 2+ years.... And why? Because they were the ones, in the end, who failed to accept the results of the election....

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Says you. Others disagree with your assessment.
    Fine. Then give a speech. Write a tweet. But invoking GoT and spewing this garbage is beneath ANY sitting POTUS.

19. raqball macrumors 68000

I don't agree with his tweet and I don't think it's presidential but I also don't blame him for lashing out....

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

ha, I love it :D

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I suspect there will be some interesting reading.

Barr, for instance referred to Trump campaign people coordinating with Wikileaks over the release of hacked materials. And qualified this by saying because Wikileaks didn't do the hacking themselves, Trump campaign people working with them doesn't rise to the level of an illegal conspiracy.

That assessment might be correct on a purely legal perspective. But I think there will be quite a few people who will take a pretty dim view of that sort of behaviour.

22. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

This spiking the football could backfire on Trump. If this report exonerates Trump as much as Barr and Trump claim then there’s no need/reason to spin it. Release the report and let it speak for itself.

23. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

This is really up to the voters to decide and it doesn't get any more transparent than this. So far ALL we've seen is the Republicans side of this, that will soon change, like it or not.

24. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I love it too :).

I wonder if he thought it up ?

25. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

lol, sure.

Reporter - "You called it unprecedented!"

Barr - "Well is there a precedent?"

Reporter - "No, there is not."

Barr - "Then unprecedented is an accurate description."

The poor activist.