Base 2010 13" mbp with applecare til Jan. 2014 for $850, good deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MrXiro, Jul 1, 2011.

1. MrXiro, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011

MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I saw this deal on Amazon, is it worth it? It was originally bought Jan. Of thIs year.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The model would be helpful in determining that

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

even if it is a 13'' base model that price is still fair. 13'' base refurbs on the applestore are $900 and don't have the same warranty.

if it's an upgraded 13'', 15'', or 17'' then it could be a really good deal. it all depends on the condition of it however.

4. MrXiro, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011

MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Oh I meant base 13 inch. 2.4 ghz c2d I believe. It said it is like new and comes with a red case too.

5. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Any other opinions? I bit the bullet and bought it. I hope it's as good as it sounds! :)

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

what do you plan on using it for? i have that same model and i can give you some input.

7. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

It's for my wife. I gave her my 11 inch MBA and she said it's too small... all she really does is watch Hulu and write stories/scripts on it and surf the net. Also will use it for skype. I'm sure it's good enough for her uses. Just wanted to know if I ended up with a good deal... Wasn't sure if they should be going less when buying used from Amazon. I did have them send me the serial and it does seem to be legit and good for the 3 years of Applecare so long as the serial number the emailed me is the one on the machine.

8. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

lol =p

i think you got a great deal, assuming it's in good condition and working properly. it probably should be since it was purchased in Jan as you said. as i said in an earlier post, that same model is $899 + tax and that doesn't include applecare, so you got the same machine for less and it is covered longer.