Based on the big update of battery life on the MacBook Air, could the next iPho

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thetonyk123, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Just curious about everyone's opinions since this could be a great seller in the cell phone market.

----------

Oops, can the mods delete this thread as Ive made a mistake in the title.

2. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Can't you just edit the title? I've done it before...

And if you were going with the next iPhone having a bigger battery, possibly.
    OS X 10.9 has more battery saving functionality as a whole (or so I've read) so I suspect Apple is really making a push for battery life optimizations.
    I'm thinking they'll update their processors using one of those newfangled processes (22nm? I'm not too keen on this) to increase overall battery life, but the design of the 5S probably won't change from the 5 so there won't be anymore room for a bigger battery.
    It seems iOS 7 will have more battery intensive tasks (those "live" wallpapers for one), so they'll have to do something about increasing battery performance, but I doubt they'll physically change the battery.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Negative.

The new Air has he same battery as the old Air. The improvement is due to the new Intel chipset.

So, the question remains unanswered.

4. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Yeah I kinda meant "improved battery life" but put "bigger battery," oopsie. But I was saying the iPhone would likely get processor improvements as the Air did.

5. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

For some people that battery life doesn't matter as they're always around a place where you can charge it. Like me lol

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Unlikely, such huge improvement.

The Arm processors are mobile designed from the gecko. The current Intel I5/7 came from old x86 architecture.