Based on the big update of battery life on the MacBook Air, could the next iPho

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Just curious about everyone's opinions since this could be a great seller in the cell phone market.

----------

Oops, can the mods delete this thread as Ive made a mistake in the title.

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
Just curious about everyone's opinions since this could be a great seller in the cell phone market.

----------

Oops, can the mods delete this thread as Ive made a mistake in the title.
Can't you just edit the title? I've done it before...

And if you were going with the next iPhone having a bigger battery, possibly.
OS X 10.9 has more battery saving functionality as a whole (or so I've read) so I suspect Apple is really making a push for battery life optimizations.
I'm thinking they'll update their processors using one of those newfangled processes (22nm? I'm not too keen on this) to increase overall battery life, but the design of the 5S probably won't change from the 5 so there won't be anymore room for a bigger battery.
It seems iOS 7 will have more battery intensive tasks (those "live" wallpapers for one), so they'll have to do something about increasing battery performance, but I doubt they'll physically change the battery.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
And if you were going with the next iPhone having a bigger battery, possibly.
Negative.

The new Air has he same battery as the old Air. The improvement is due to the new Intel chipset.

So, the question remains unanswered.

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
Negative.

The new Air has he same battery as the old Air. The improvement is due to the new Intel chipset.

So, the question remains unanswered.
Yeah I kinda meant "improved battery life" but put "bigger battery," oopsie. But I was saying the iPhone would likely get processor improvements as the Air did.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
But I was saying the iPhone would likely get processor improvements as the Air did.
Unlikely, such huge improvement.

The Arm processors are mobile designed from the gecko. The current Intel I5/7 came from old x86 architecture.