Battery died, restarted now all I have is a folder with a question mark, What's up?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AreYouIn?, Jun 9, 2009.

1. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

My dad let the battery die on my white macbook and when he restarted it all that comes up is a flashing folder with a question mark on it on a gray screen? He didn't drop it or hit it on anything. 2.0Ghz running Tiger 10.4.11. Any Idea's?

:(

2. AreYouIn? thread starter macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

3. AreYouIn? thread starter macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Well that didn't work. I had my friend do it for me since she is more tech savy and she thinks my hard drive and all my files are gone. I have to wait until August to get a new macbook!

Until then does anyone know where I can find a good deal on a cheap hard drive for this one. 120gb at least.

4. lilchub101 macrumors member

What about target disk mode?

Do you have another mac in the house because you could put it in target disk mode and see if you can brows the files just a thought

You also said that you tried to fix it with disk utility with a install dvd? if you can see the HD in their it might just have got screwed up you might be able to install over it or maybe try a archive and install just another thought

5. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Happened to my brothers unibody macbook twice. Both times took it into the apple store and needed a new hard driver.

6. AreYouIn? thread starter macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

She put it in her imac at home and she said it wouldn't boot. She is going to have her dad look at it since he knows more than she does but she is not optimistic.