iPhone Battery drain & iOS 13.3

Ninflu

macrumors regular
May 11, 2018
Cologne & Chicago
I'm with my iPhone 11 Pro on the new 13.3.1. and the battery drain startet again. Leaving the phone as it is, not using any apps, loosing about 10% each hour.

I'm really getting sick of all this iOS nonsense. They screwed up, whatever Tim tries to tell how "Amazing" it is.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2012
Updated iPhone X to 13.3.1 left it 100% charged over night. Woke up with dead phone, completely drained.
Something fishy with new update
It’s so strange , for me my x has never been better battery wise , used it loads this morning and it’s only dropped 4% even leaving it , doesn’t drain.
This happened before where it fixed itself and then came back when Apple released another update . But in this version it’s fixed again. I don’t have Siri on etc perhaps that a contributing factor

badatusernames

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2018
I'm with my iPhone 11 Pro on the new 13.3.1. and the battery drain startet again. Leaving the phone as it is, not using any apps, loosing about 10% each hour.

I'm really getting sick of all this iOS nonsense. They screwed up, whatever Tim tries to tell how "Amazing" it is.
My feelings exactly. This only started on iOS 13 and I noticed it on late versions of iOS 12.

Pimmp

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2018
Charged the iPhone X again to 100%, after 5 non use it was down to 20%.
Battery states Siri is using 58% for some strange reason. Also iPad 11 Pro starting to drain fast.
GET YOUR **** TOGETHER Apple, I´m sick and tired of the iOS 13 nonsens

pshufd

macrumors 68000
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I haven't noticed any difference in battery life after one day on my iPad Mini 5 or iPhone 7+. I will check the status tomorrow morning to see if there's any change but so far, so good. I was a bit surprised as I was expecting a day or two of bad battery life due to indexing.

coffeeplease

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2019
Reading these posts make me never want to update to the latest iOS in fear. I'm still on 13.2.2 but I feel like 13.1 had the best battery life.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Updated iPhone X to 13.3.1 left it 100% charged over night. Woke up with dead phone, completely drained.
Something fishy with new update
Same, iOS 13.3.1 drains my iphone and my watch 2-3 times faster than before

anubis1980

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2012
people who have bad drain , do you have Siri on. This is by far the best my x has been since I’ve got it, I don’t have Siri on, i did read someone who had it on had huge drain. at the moment my phone is on 12% normally I’d have to charge it by lunch ... my iPad Pro 11 is also a lot better too

Isamilis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2012
Reading these posts make me never want to update to the latest iOS in fear. I'm still on 13.2.2 but I feel like 13.1 had the best battery life.
Agree, 13.1.3 seems the best battery life. But 13.3.1 seems return 13.1.3 battery life with some other fixes. My iPad has been very stable in 13.3.1. Sometime, in 13.2 ipad get warm on some apps, but not in this version.

coffeeplease

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2019
Agree, 13.1.3 seems the best battery life. But 13.3.1 seems return 13.1.3 battery life with some other fixes. My iPad has been very stable in 13.3.1. Sometime, in 13.2 ipad get warm on some apps, but not in this version.
Great to hear that its as good as 13.1.3. In that case, I think I will update tonight. 😁

Reactions: Isamilis

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Same, iOS 13.3.1 drains my iphone and my watch 2-3 times faster than before
Watch Series 5 cannot survive a day without recharge after the update. I’m loosing 5-6 percent per hour on idle.
iPhone 11 PRO 0-10 percent at the end of the day, it was 35-40 before the update. 1500$ phone+800$ watch and such a bad performance.
I really doubt I go with Apple in 2020.

Last edited:

CoronaOnTap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2019
Watch Series 5 cannot survive a day without recharge after the update. I’m loosing 5-6 percent per hour on idle.
iPhone 11 PRO 0-10 percent at the end of the day, it was 35-40 before the update. 1500$ phone+800$ watch and such a bad performance.
I really doubt I go with Apple in 2020.
This certainly doesn’t reflect my experience with the Series 4 and 11 Pro. The battery life hasn’t degraded in anyway from the 13.3 but there’s a definite room for improvement in a few areas.

Pimmp

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2018
people who have bad drain , do you have Siri on. This is by far the best my x has been since I’ve got it, I don’t have Siri on, i did read someone who had it on had huge drain. at the moment my phone is on 12% normally I’d have to charge it by lunch ... my iPad Pro 11 is also a lot better too
Turned off Siri, now battery time back to normal. Siri used 58% on my iPhone x and 100%!!!!!! On my iPad pro

FlorianSchneider

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2020
After the upgrade to 13.3.1, the battery life of my iPhone 11 Pro was normal again - at lest for a few days. Suddenly, I'm now there again, where I was before. As you can see on the screenshot, it started to consume just like that.

IMG_8167.PNG

This is now going on for more than a week. I've disabled the iCloud sync of my address book, but it did not change anything.

I've noticed then, that Siri showed up in the battery usage, even I'm not using Siri at all. I've enabled then the iCloud sync of the address book again and disabled all the Siri setting: Siri iCloud sync, all Siri settings including all the applications and dictation. But this did not change anything. Battery usage did not got any better and interestingly, Siri is still showing up in the battery usage. Rebooting the phone did help.

I am now really running out of ideas. When I called Apple two months ago, they suggested me to factory reset my phone and not to restore from any backup. Just login into my iCloud account.

vlad_djkax

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2016
Brasil
After the upgrade to 13.3.1, the battery life of my iPhone 11 Pro was normal again - at lest for a few days. Suddenly, I'm now there again, where I was before. As you can see on the screenshot, it started to consume just like that.

This is now going on for more than a week. I've disabled the iCloud sync of my address book, but it did not change anything.

I've noticed then, that Siri showed up in the battery usage, even I'm not using Siri at all. I've enabled then the iCloud sync of the address book again and disabled all the Siri setting: Siri iCloud sync, all Siri settings including all the applications and dictation. But this did not change anything. Battery usage did not got any better and interestingly, Siri is still showing up in the battery usage. Rebooting the phone did help.

I am now really running out of ideas. When I called Apple two months ago, they suggested me to factory reset my phone and not to restore from any backup. Just login into my iCloud account.
Yeah, same thing here..

Yesterday, while my SE was charging, I disabled Siri, dictation and Siri in iCloud Settings, performed a hard reset and then, unplugged it .. These are the results.. All seems promising in the first hours, but then, in the following days, the downhill returns..

SE 13.3.1 Battery Usage 2020-02-05.png

This is my last attempt.. If this does not work, I'll just move on and bring a power bank with me everywhere I go.. It's annoying, frustrating, but it's not worth my time anymore..

JupoDupo

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2017
Turning off hey Siri seems to have helped me a lot but it’s still early days as I only made the change 3 days ago.