Battery drains fast when 3G on

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hi,
my iPhone 4S has been working fine until some weeks ago where I realized that my battery drains super fast when the 3G is on.

Even when I do not use the iPhone, it takes only some hours to kill the battery.

I'm on iOS 6.1.2 (jailbroken). I'm waiting for SemiRestore to be available to try a restore of the device. I'd like to avoid updating to 6.1.3 since there is no JB for it.

Any idea what could be the reason?

cheers

Last edited:

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hi,
my iPhone 4S has been working fine until some weeks ago where I realized that my battery drains super fast when the 3G is on.

Even when I do not use the iPhone, it takes only some hours to kill the battery.

I'm on iOS 6.1.2 (jailbroken). I'm waiting for SemiRestore to be available to try a restore of the device. I'd like to avoid updating to 6.1.3 since there is no JB for it.

Any idea what could be the reason?

cheers
What is your service provider and what kind of signal are you getting?

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Have you tried a hard reset on the phone? Hold the home/power buttons until the Apple logo appears.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
What is your service provider and what kind of signal are you getting?
I have O2 (Germany) with a good signal but I don't think it matters.

The most logical question to ask is: what jailbreak-specific stuff do you have installed? Maybe one of those tweaks/apps/etc. is using 3G?
Not much. BiteSMS and NCSettings. I had those before as well when the battery was ok.

Have you tried a hard reset on the phone? Hold the home/power buttons until the Apple logo appears.
ok, I'll try that.