Battery icon seems different in black and white than in color?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsquared, Jan 14, 2009.

1. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I've noticed this for awhile and I thought in my downtime at work I'd post about it.

When my phone's battery has drained (whether it be a lot or just a little bit) the black and white icon on the home screen seems like there is more power left in it than when I'm using an application that shows the batter in green.

Am I crazy? Or is it an optical illusion?

Attached Files:

2. bina12834 macrumors regular

looks like less battery in the black and white than in the color to me

3. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I've noticed this aswell I think it's just an illusion or a bug.

4. PennCentralFan macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

I notice the same thing. White will always show less battery power than green. I think it has to do with the resolution of the colors and the indicator. You are not in trouble until you see red. :D

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

If you notice, there's a thin black border around the inside of the white border. There is no blank border on the inside of the color image. The color icon has a couple more pixels than the black and white image. So it takes more drainage on the battery before the black and white icon will change. For instance, the color logo will show 2 pixels of battery usage while the black and white one will only show 1 (because the other one is the blank border.

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

As you can see... Both icons are missing 2 pixels. However, I do notice that the color icon will move FIRST and then the black and white icon will move after. I think the color icon is more accurate.

Attached Files: