Battery Issue / Anyone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rgctx, Oct 16, 2013.

1. rgctx macrumors regular

Wife has been having issues with her iPhone 5, the battery will be at 12% then all of a sudden be at 2% then 1% and shut off.

Anyone else had this problem ?

Last time we tested it all apps were closed and phone was at 18%, i watched it go from 18% down to 12% in about 3 minutes, then it jumped to 7% then eventually down to 1% and shut off, this a battery issue or hardware ?

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I seldom get my phone below 25%. But 18% to 12% in 3 minutes of you using it tells me that the accuracy of reporting the battery power left, when it si that low, is not to accurate. Tell her to charge it more often, daily is best.

I doubt there is anything wrong, just needs charging.

3. Centient macrumors 6502

I purchased an i5 last month and noticed the battery life was horrible. Would go from charged to depleted in about 8 hours. Even with minimal use. I spent a few days tweaking it to no avail, and finally returned it. The new phone is well within my expectations for battery life.

All this is to say that I clearly had a bad battery in the first phone, and the subsequent replacement is fine. Your wife might be have a battery problem too.

4. WhatTheFox macrumors newbie

Are you on iOS 7? If so update to 7.0.2 to resolve it.