Battery issues!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SuperMiguel, Aug 5, 2013.

1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

So i have a iphone 5 white 32GB AT&T, i got it when it got released, when i first got it the battery was not as good as my girlfriend iphone 5... Mine never made it a full day with out a charge... So last few days its been really bad it would shot down at 20% and would last like 6h max.. So i took it to an apple store, to the genius bar, and they ran a battery diagnostic and they told me that the battery needed to be replaced.. So they replaced the battery.. When i got home i charge it a bit since it was like at 20%... I notice the phone got reallllllly hot... So hot i could not touch it.. i let it sit, and after that it never got hot again.. So i charged to 100% and went to work... With out any use, and no application running it dropped to 70% within 1h... its been 6h hours now and im at 17%.... This is not acceptable in my opinion... ( i used my phone 3 times during those 6h to check my email) What should i do?

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Definitely go back to the apple store and tell them but this time try to get a full replacement iPhone not just the battery or maybe the battery is defective and gets really hot when charged.

3. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

I have apple care one... Should i just complain to get a replacement and not pay the $50?

4. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

As soon as it got hot so soon would ring alarm bells with me. That's not right. I'd demand for a replacement.
    Good luck :)

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Yes do that. Say the battery gets burning hot(duh) and the battery life stinks. Hope I helped:)

6. jwjsr macrumors 6502

jwjsr

i downloaded battery saver and followed some recommendations from other members about push notitifications etc and have not had a problem since, but i cannot tell you which one eliminated the problem

7. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

The quoted battery times are for an iphone that just browses the web, with no other applications installed.

The following apps will cause your battery to drain as they are in use in the background;

Facebook (HUGE battery killer, even more so if you have chat enabled)
    Words with friends
    WhatsApp

So if you have 100's of apps installed, some of them will be in the background doing their thing and using the battery.

Getting hot is normal, especially with the Alu case. The processor and the cell radio create heat and the iphones case draws that heat out of the chips and into the air. If you use it on the cell radio it will get hot and eat battery, if your signal is weak it pushes more power to the radio and eats it in 6 hours.

20% after 6 hours usage is normal. The quoted battery times are 10 hours web usage on WIFI and 8 on cellular. So thats about 10% every hour of usage on WIFI and 13% per hour on cell. So if your using it on cell your usage is bang on the money.

8. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

i said 6 hours and only used 2-3 times