Battery issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dominicanyor, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Ok everyone this is for those that still holding on to their 4s. Before the update to iOS 7 my battery life use to go as low ad 3 percent. Now that I have updated with the new iOS 7 the lowest battery life is 10 percent snd then the phone just turns off. Is there something that I could do to fix the issue?

2. matt larsson macrumors newbie

You have to replace ur new battery , my gues .

3. kmpowell macrumors member

Try recalibrating the battery, that may help. It did on my GF's 4S when it was turning itself off at c12%.

Use the iPhone until it it shuts OFF completely due to no battery. Then Charge it back up without interruption (like unplugging/unlocking/using it), to 100%. When it reaches 100% do a 'hard reset' by holding both home and power buttons until the iPhone restarts itself, ignore the "slide to power off slider", let the iPhone restart itself and only release the buttons when you see the apple logo appear.

HTH.

4. MandyAW92 macrumors member

From what I can tell there is nothing you can do

5. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Got the same thing on my iphone 5, tried everything and just yesterday reset it as new. Hopefully this does something!

6. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

The new OS did not change your battery capacity. It did, likely change the way it reports information about it.

8. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

It has change drastically.

----------

Did it work for you?