Battery Life After Clean Restore From Jailbreak [iPhone 5]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by missingplugin, Mar 23, 2013.

1. missingplugin macrumors newbie

Mar 23, 2013
    I've been researching this for a while and have probably spent a few hours trying to see if anyone has had the same problem, and I've had no luck, so here I am!

Here is my problem:

I've had this iPhone 5 for about 3 months. I don't get 4G in my area so I'm only on 3G and I have gotten fantastic battery life. I'd make it through my whole day with 50% left. That includes using twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and web browsing. I also text a lot and used location services and iCloud backup. I would have roughly 6 hours of usage a day with around 20 hours or more of standby.

I jailbroke and didn't really like it much. I never had battery issues jailbroken either. So I restored the phone. I didn't restore from a backup. Not even iCloud. I set it up as a new phone. My battery life is now awful. I updated to 6.1.3 with no luck there either. I'll post a screenshot below. I'm taking it into the Apple store on Wednesday, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Things I've tried:
    Restore from prejailbreak backup
    Restore from prejailbreak iCloud backup
    Restore and setup as a new phone
    Disable iCloud
    Drain battery to 0 and charge from there
    Charge to 100 and turn it off and back on to calibrate

Attached Files:

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2009

Try turning off some System Services if you haven't already done so. I turn everything off except 'Cell Network Search'. This has solved my battery life woes.
  3. missingplugin thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 23, 2013
    Thanks! I'm trying it now. Genius for apps seems to be used a lot. Maybe that is is. Thanks for the help though.