Battery life is starting to piss me off.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by x-evil-x, Oct 10, 2012.

1. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

this is location services off brightness under half. facebook not on push. only using tunein radio is dropping my phone 20%
    screen is shut off the whole time also. im getting on average 5hr 30min and this isnt using the phone much. Set up from new also.
    return phone?

Attached Files:

2. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

i'd get an exchange because that can't be normal

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Look at your signal strength... If the phone is always trying to lock onto a signal that can kill battery too esp if your using data (tunein radio?) Just an idea.

Oh and you say it's an ongoing issue. Have you actually talked to the people that may be able to help you out?

4. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

ive been meaning to take it in still testing it. so yes i ask people here that have other iphone 5's to see if im really having a problem.
    What is apple going to tell me? more than likely its perfectly normal and to restore from new(which i did) and then bring in back. Or turn off everything possible.
    just some reassurance before i exchange this.
    Cant really bring it into apple at 230am can i?

----------

yea in the gym the bars are usually 3 bars to 1 bar. depending. but still it dropped 30% is 50 minutes with all other things off and the screen off.

5. AFDoc macrumors 68030

then obviously its an issue with the phone, take it to apple what reassurance do you need for that?

6. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I was having similar battery issues and did the reset as describe in another thread. I also have poor service at work. The reset got me from having to plug in at the end of the work day to starting day 2 at 83%. Getting 2 full days of average usage, I'm thrilled.

7. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

You should probably talk to Apple support about this, does not seem normal

8. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

what reset?

9. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

My first iPhone 5 had excellent battery life. My second only lasted about 2-3 hours with only 20 mins or so of that being heavy use (gaming). Rest of it was browsing with a little music, over 3G with excellent signal.

I have no idea if its defective batteries, or a software glitch when restoring from iCloud, but it doesnt really affect me anymore, as I went back to the 4S anyway.

10. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

reassurance that people are getting better battery life. If this was normal i would keep it. Is that enough reassurance?

11. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

You're streaming radio with a really bad signal.

That type of stuff KILLS the battery.

Over 5 hours of that sort of thing seems normal to me.

Resetting Network settings may help, but I don't think it seems too bad.

12. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

this never happened or that i noticed with my iphone 4

13. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Got ya. Not trying to be an ass but if there is an issue or you think there is one, you shouldnt need strangers on a forum to convince you to get it checked out.

14. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

i understand that but why waste my time taking it to apple(they usually say everything is fine and reset your phone and send you on your way) which is a waste of a trip and time out of my day to do. People on here have the phone and can be honest with me about it.

15. AFDoc macrumors 68030

LoL honest.... funny. I'm actually a teenage girl pretending to be a man! Ok not but go into the Apple store and be firm but demanding. I had a jailbroken 3gs swapped out after 20 minutes of the "genius" telling me he couldn't help me because it was jailbroken.

16. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

17. MattBookBower macrumors member

Anyone know the reset? Or the the link the othe rthread with the reset?

18. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings.
    Takes about 5 minutes to re-fig everything. Will usually boost your battery life by 2x if it's ****** as OP. I think, however, as detailed by someone else, the problem is OP constantly latching onto a ****** signal and switching from LTE/3G/Edge

19. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

If this was the case then half the threads on here wouldn't exist!

20. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Is something getting edited?

Edit: I thought you were typing wi-fi and it got edited, but I figured it out now.

21. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Hahaha nope, that was exactly what I meant :)

22. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

this is also only a 4g zone. lte isnt in there area at all.

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Get on the phone with Apple Care. They can send you a text message with a diagnostic report built in to determine if you have a faulty battery or processes taking unusually large amounts of "juice" or more than their fair share of memory.

Sorry you're having issues. For the record though, my bets are on signal strength/antenna using it and hopefully it'll be rectified with a software update in the next few weeks.

24. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

And people get upset at Apple for being less flexible about out of warranty replacements. Your post should be a sign behind the Genius Bar with your personal contact information on it, simply titled: "This guy is the reason you will pay $99-$229 for your iPhone Replacement today".

25. iFiend macrumors 65816

Stopped reading after tunein radio.

You have to know that streaming services weigh heavily on your battery, right? Especially in a poor signal area.

There's nothing wrong with your battery.