Battery life not getting what it should be getting, according to Battery Doctor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jason520C, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Jason520C macrumors member

I have put my iPhone to 0% then charged to 100% three times now. Before the third time, I downloaded battery doctor. It seemed pretty cool that it can show me how much time everything takes, so I decided to check again after charging to 100%.

When checking, I see that everything is lower than it should be. It's actually comparable to a 3GS, and not my 4.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

For example, battery doctor says my phone can have 30hr audio playback, 5hr talk time on 3G, and 3G internet time is 5hr. This is all comparable to the 3GS, which really disappoints me.

Is it giving me 3GS times because it identifies my phone as an unknown phone, or is there something wrong with my battery?

If it helps, IIRC I had around 7 hours(maybe a bit more) of usage, and 1 day 19 hours on standby right before it went to 0%.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's using the 3GS battery life data from Apple. It's not really a doctor, in that it doesn't evaluate your battery. It simply looks at your charge % and then uses the Apple data to calculate how much time you have for 3G, wifi, etc.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

right. don't put all your chips in that app.

4. Jason520C thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, that makes sense. So it's only calculating from Apple's data like you said? For example, if I had 76% battery left, it would actually calculate from Apple's data on a fully charged (insert iPhone model here)?

Guess that I shouldn't even bother with the Pro version then...does anyone have any experience with using the Pro version's battery charge cycle feature with an iPhone 4?

5. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

sigh.

Battery doctor does not work. How it is still on the appstore amazes me (the devs buy the app over and over and add positive reviews themselves to trick people into buying it, 95% of the positive reviews you read on the app description are not from customers), sounds like you were one of the unlucky ones who bought into it.

6. Jason520C thread starter macrumors member

Well I only downloaded the Lite version, I didn't pay for the pro version...but I almost did. Thanks to all of you for the help!