Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FearNo1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
What kind of battery life do you get from your 2nd gen touch when using wifi? I get pretty poor battery life on my refurbed 1st gen. Hopefully the 3rd gen touch has much better battery life. I was thinking of getting an iphone but prob get a touch instead. Too bad it will not have a camera.

Skyhigh223

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
From max charge, I get about 8 hours of battery with WiFi on my 2-month old 2nd Gen.

I use YouTube a lot and am always switching between apps when using WiFi, so battery life when using just Safari is probably a lot longer.

OffBrand

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
It's not just wi-fi and YouTube that drinks battery power; certain apps, like that cubes game, do even while it's turned off.

FearNo1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Wow thats pretty good. I never really timed mine with wifi on. But I noticed that when I have wifi on for about an hour, the battery drains pretty fast. Just from listening to music about 1.5 hours a day, I have recharge it once per week.

From max charge, I get about 8 hours of battery with WiFi on my 2-month old 2nd Gen.

I use YouTube a lot and am always switching between apps when using WiFi, so battery life when using just Safari is probably a lot longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.