Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingline

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
how many hours of play do you get before the battery is drained? i'm getting about 9 right now and wondering if i should get a new battery. i miss my creative nomad touch with its 22 hours battery life...:(

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
[EDIT] Completely misunderstood your question. I don't know the answer to that. I remember my 60GB ViPod used to get about 15 hours of music, so yes, I would say there is something wrong with yours, but how long have you had it? And how often do you use it?

Daniel.

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
I believe that 14 hours is the standard and once it falls below 7 it is addressed as a problem by apple and tehy will replace the battery for free as long as the ipod is tiill under warrenty!

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
ipodcentral112 said:
I believe that 14 hours is the standard and once it falls below 7 it is addressed as a problem by apple and tehy will replace the battery for free as long as the ipod is tiill under warrenty!
So if you're at nine and need to get below seven, just keep the iPod plugged in all the time and watch videos on repeat until about a month before your warranty runs out! ;) That should totally destroy your battery life enough for Apple to replace it!

Daniel.

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
BurtonCCC said:
So if you're at nine and need to get below seven, just keep the iPod plugged in all the time and watch videos on repeat until about a month before your warranty runs out! ;) That should totally destroy your battery life enough for Apple to replace it!

Daniel.

Haha, you can just bring it to the apple store as is, who knows, maybe tehy will jsut replace it now!

shiv

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2006
Osaka, Japan
Hi,
I had just purchased an ipod video 30gb a couple weeks ago. I didn't know if I was getting proper battery life out of my ipod. So, I drained it fully. Then I charged it till it showed that plug sign (instead of lightening) in the battery meter) I took it off charge about 4 hours after I plugged it in.
I left the ipod on continuous play through my audio library. It lasted for just about 12 1/2 hours till it just switched off. Once in a while I would touch the scroll wheel just so I could see how much battery life it had. Is this a normal life for audio? Remember, I am not using the scroll with it very much at all. So, I wonder how much less it would be if I just use it regularly scrolling through the day and such?

I wonder if I am truly fully charging the battery. (what is the best way to charge it) Did I maybe not charge it properly the first time round, so now I get a lower charge than average?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.