Battery Life Record for iPhone 6 (Not Plus) Its Great!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Starfyre, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

My iPhone 6 today has had the most battery life that I have ever had since using the phone. My phone was usually getting around 7 and a half hours or a little more before running to 0, but after doing 3 major things since getting the phone, the battery life has broken boundaries that I want to share with you all.

I can proudly say I am getting:
    Usage: 8 hours with 9% of battery life to spare on my phone.
    Standby: 1 Day, 17 hours

Major changes I made to my phone:

1. Updated to iOS 8.0.2

2. Fetch instead of push email.
    I get a lot of email, in my case, push probably drains more battery than going out once an hour to get the latest email.

3. Disable cellular data from the settings menu when using Wifi. (i was doing this before on and off, but not consistently with this full charge)

There are other things including disabling background processes for everything but apps I care about like chat apps, etc. but if you have any other tips please post! The ones above just made the biggest difference to me.

It is strange since the iPhone shouldnt be using any cellular data when on Wifi, but for some reason with both enabled, the battery life drains faster even though the phone is connected to a wifi network.

Hope this helps everyone out there with iPhone 6 trying to make the most of their battery life.

UPDATE: Screenshot Added (Battery dropped to 8 percent since original post)
    [​IMG]

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Nice, care to post a screenshot of your battery usage by %?

Also did you have any music playing with the screen turned off?

3. Starfyre, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

Starfyre thread starter macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Screenshot posted!

I played music with screen off hooked up to the car for a bit while driving telling Siri to pull up the songs I wanted it to play.

4. oVerboost, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Battery Life Record for iPhone 6 (Not Plus)

I got over 8hrs usage on my 6... Very pleased with my new iPhone. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412426799.131461.jpg

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

this was not even a full charge this was from the moment I took it out of the box till 9% left

[​IMG]

6. Starfyre thread starter macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I made it out to 8 hours and 40 minutes. I wish it were 10, or somehow able to get to 10... but it may only be a dream...