Battery life sucks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SuperMiguel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

Just got my iphone yest and this morning, it was to 100% after 20 min it was down to 80% :( just doing web browsing in it...

It is running 5.0.1 could this be the reason? will the upgrade fix my battery life?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It has helped some a lot and other say no. I would upgrade and give you phone a few weeks before you say it sucks!:mad:

3. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

It will be the same trust me , some people say it does improve but nope they just disable functions etc :) maybe you have 5 email accounts "pushing" along with push notifications from several apps active.

To be honest the best way to see improvents to battery life just disable the % option :)

4. cynics macrumors G4

You posted a thread asking why your phone won't say 4G now a thread about the battery. Why not just update it already?

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I have atrocious battery life on 5.1 worse then 5.0.1. Haven't changed any settings. I think I visit to the Apple store may be in order....

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

One thing to check is whether all you mail is in fact downloading. Mail gets suck in one of my imap accounts and this will drain the battery as the mail app continues to try and get it.

7. solo118 macrumors 65816

+1

Last Summer I noticed my phone getting hot and the battery was draining very quickly. I could not figure it out for 3 days.

Then i remember I clicked on sync sent mail on my exchange account and something got stuck. I turned that off and the battery was great from there on.

Now on my 4S I kept all settings the same, and I can get about 5 1/2 to 6 hours of usage which I am OK with. I have push notifications on for 8 apps, GPS on for a couple of apps, and of course an exchange account.