Battery life turned bad all of a sudden

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fugue, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Fugue, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011

Fugue macrumors 6502

I am running 4.2.6 on my Verizon iPhone that is jailbroken with the latest version of greepoison.

I have had perfectly normal battery life (5hour usage, 20hour standby) for the past week (with the jailbreak) but today it declined rapidly(1hour 30min of usage, 8hours standby, 50% already). I OCD with closing all my runnings applications, a disease Android brought upon me, so games and other applications cannot be the culprit.

The ONLY difference between today and before is that there is an update in the appstore that is available. Can that be eating away at my battery life? Because I installed nothing new, and kept the brightness, applications, and virtually everything else the same.

Thanks

2. JonJeffman macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I started having this same problem today as well.

iPhone 4, not jailbroken, version 4.1 on Roger's (Canada). NOTHING has changed today, not even synced. Yesterday I could walk 30min home listening to headphones entire time and drop like 2%, today I can literally watch the battery drain with nothing running, just looking at the screen (or even waking from sleep mode). It's losing 1% ever 1-2 minutes.

I tried closing all the apps, but thought they're not really using any processor power when in the background anyway. Still no better.

It actually felt a little warm through the Griffin case, almost like when it's charging, but this was just in sleep mode in my pocket.

Any insight to what's up with this?