Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Just curious. I haven't had an iPhone in a year, so just curious as to what I need to do to get the battery life great on my 6. I didn't end up getting a plus as they were shipping in november.

bryancee

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Background app refresh off.
Brightness lowered to a little less than half.

Sure some others on here will have some tips. Always search too :)

cg006

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
Tone brightness
Turn off airdrop
Background app refresh=OFF
Limit location Services to apps.i.e facebook is set to always.change to only when open
Bluetooth as well if you're not using it.
I always leave wifi on though...

Airplane mode def nice if you're riding underground trains. The phone uses alot of juice when it has a very weak signal.

Last edited:

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I always go in to location services and I turn off a bunch of stuff that doesn't need to be running unless I say it's okay.

makes a difference for me.

someoneoutthere

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2014
Someplaceoutthere
Airplane mode def nice if you're riding underground trains. The phone uses alot of juice when it has a very weak signal.

This. Poor network signal drains the battery extremely fast. If you are traveling through remote areas with poor or no network signal or riding underground; put it on airplane mode.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Since iOS8, and it's features like instant hotspot, handoff and continuity, I have everything on, always.

My battery life has been fantastic.

My pebble is always connected, apps like Dark Sky are always aware of my location, Airdrop is always on, everything, always on.

FloridaGary

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2014
Turn off Bluetooth if not needed and location services for the apps don't require it. My battery has been exceptional compared to all previous iPhones I've owned.

iWozinator

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2014
Since iOS8, and it's features like instant hotspot, handoff and continuity, I have everything on, always.

My battery life has been fantastic.

My pebble is always connected, apps like Dark Sky are always aware of my location, Airdrop is always on, everything, always on.

This exactly. Why bother having a smartphone if you turn everything off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.