Battery not fully charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VinWin15, Nov 8, 2011.

1. VinWin15 macrumors newbie

I have a iPhone 4s that had not been fully charging when left on the charger over night. Majority of the time it will be at 100% when I take it off in the morning and depending on its use, and if it has had a full discharge recently, it seems to keep a charge somedays better then others. My issue is maybe once a week, every 10 days, it will not be at 100% when I go to take it off the charger. Last night it was around 60% when I put it on the charger for the night and this morning it was at just 92% in 6 hours of charging. Any one else having this issue? solutions?

2. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I have had this on my original 4S and on my replacement one, which was replaced for a different issue. If you unplug it and plug it back it it will continue to charge but I'm not sure of anyway to fix the problem.

3. VinWin15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well at least I know it not just me! I see the lighting bolt on the battery symbol like the phone still thinks its charging, but you're right when I take it off and put it back on it will finish the charge, just not something I always have time for as I'm getting ready to walk out the door.

4. elan123 macrumors 6502

You have a lemon!

5. VinWin15, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

VinWin15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Would you recommend to take it in to the Apple Store and see if they will swap it out?

6. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

This has happened on both the iPhones that I have had, I don't think it is a lemon but if you take it there and ask they will let you know.

7. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

This has *never* happened to me on any of the 3 iPhones I've owned (2G, 3G, 4S).

This is not normal iPhone behavior. Take it back.

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it is faulty.

It's quite common it seems.

9. VinWin15 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm was leaning towards 'not normal' as it didn't happen to my 3G, 3Gs or 4 and I haven't heard of it being it an issue which is why I asked

10. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well mine only fully charged to 98% and that happened on my 4 too...don't be worried.

it worked to 100% when i let it drain all the way down.