Battery Percentage WAY off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CotaFloata, Feb 8, 2012.

1. CotaFloata macrumors newbie

Haven't seen this mentioned here yet:

My battery life is decent, comparable to most everyone else around here, but I notice that once the percentage reaches a certain level (typically anywhere from 25-40%) it will shut off. So I plug phone up and it will restart and charge after resetting.

I understand the battery percentage isn't linear and can be off a bit but should I be concerned about this? Had a genius appointment and they have already wiped the phone and reinstalled firmware. Anyone else had this happen?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Have you tried powering it back on without pluging it in?

If it keeps doing it go to apple your battery is faulty

3. SurferMan macrumors 65816

It can happen, usually a full discharge and charge with a hard reset fixed it for me. Similar to my Macbook Pro and calibrating the battery, the battery is fine and people can say what they want about batteries not needing to be calibrated... but it definitely helps to get the system reading the batt stats correctly.

4. CotaFloata thread starter macrumors newbie

I have...It acts as if the battery has been completely drained and will not restart without plugging in

5. SurferMan macrumors 65816

If that's still occurring after doing (or combo) these: full discharge/charge /hard reset/restore ... then possible there's a hardware/software issue causing a glitch or battery issue.

6. CotaFloata thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds good, thanks so much