Battery performance improved since receiving iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccwestcliff, Oct 18, 2012.

1. ccwestcliff macrumors member

I haven't measured it precisely but from my daily average usage I have the feeling that the battery performance in my iPhone 5 (that I received on release day) has improved over the cause of the the last couple of weeks?!

While in week one the battery was down to about 40% after a day in the office, it went up to about 50% in week two and now I am up to 60%.

Is it just me or does anyone else experience this as well?

And no, my usage pattern hasn't changed etc.

2. Lance-AR macrumors 6502

I was only getting about 5 hours of usage until I reset all settings. Now I get around 8. I don't understand it but it sure helped mine.

3. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I am at 6 hours use, 27 hours standby, on my 2nd cycle...oh and I still have 28 percent left....this is iPhone 4 battery life to me, blows my 4S out of the water.

4. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

I have noticed the same thing, it seems like my battery is getting better. Yesterday I was amazed that I came home from work and still had 85% battery. I admit I didn't have time to use it much but I do play a lot of podcast on the way and at work. Today, I did burn a lot more of my battery but I was streaming radio for about 3 hours.

5. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Did you all cycle at first, I did one when I opened the box, 100-0, turned off, back on and to full, and now

Use: 6 hrs 30 min
    Standby: 27 hrs

I won't reach low tonight, but i'll plug it in when I go to sleep, no need to cycle it again, seems to be well enough.

6. ccwestcliff thread starter macrumors member

Well, I read somewhere that a cycle down to 0 is not healthy, so usually I try to charge if it is below 5%. However, I tried to do this in the first week but after that I usually charge either during the night or at morning.

7. solo118 macrumors 65816

I see the same thing. I got a replacement phone and freaked out when I saw 4:15 of usage on the 2nd day. A few days ago it went up to 5 hours and change and yesterday i got 6 hours.

I think 6 hours is fair for my usage, so all is good.