Battery performance improved since receiving iPhone 5

ccwestcliff

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Toronto, ON
I haven't measured it precisely but from my daily average usage I have the feeling that the battery performance in my iPhone 5 (that I received on release day) has improved over the cause of the the last couple of weeks?!

While in week one the battery was down to about 40% after a day in the office, it went up to about 50% in week two and now I am up to 60%.

Is it just me or does anyone else experience this as well?

And no, my usage pattern hasn't changed etc.

Lance-AR

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2012
Little Rock, AR
I was only getting about 5 hours of usage until I reset all settings. Now I get around 8. I don't understand it but it sure helped mine.

Comment

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I am at 6 hours use, 27 hours standby, on my 2nd cycle...oh and I still have 28 percent left....this is iPhone 4 battery life to me, blows my 4S out of the water.

Comment

AnotherBrian

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
I have noticed the same thing, it seems like my battery is getting better. Yesterday I was amazed that I came home from work and still had 85% battery. I admit I didn't have time to use it much but I do play a lot of podcast on the way and at work. Today, I did burn a lot more of my battery but I was streaming radio for about 3 hours.

Comment

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Did you all cycle at first, I did one when I opened the box, 100-0, turned off, back on and to full, and now

Use: 6 hrs 30 min
Standby: 27 hrs

I won't reach low tonight, but i'll plug it in when I go to sleep, no need to cycle it again, seems to be well enough.

Comment

ccwestcliff

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Toronto, ON
Did you all cycle at first, I did one when I opened the box, 100-0, turned off, back on and to full, and now

Use: 6 hrs 30 min
Standby: 27 hrs

I won't reach low tonight, but i'll plug it in when I go to sleep, no need to cycle it again, seems to be well enough.
Well, I read somewhere that a cycle down to 0 is not healthy, so usually I try to charge if it is below 5%. However, I tried to do this in the first week but after that I usually charge either during the night or at morning.

Comment

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I see the same thing. I got a replacement phone and freaked out when I saw 4:15 of usage on the 2nd day. A few days ago it went up to 5 hours and change and yesterday i got 6 hours.

I think 6 hours is fair for my usage, so all is good.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.