Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falcon80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
There are a few posts on the battery performance of Series 3 Apple Watch but I want to have one specifically for the 38mm non LTE version for all owners to share since I think this group will be smaller.

This morning, my watch is on 80% and after 12 hours it is down to 45%. Minimal usage. I only answered a call (2 mins) and asked Siri to send out a message. Other than that, about 20 notifications came in and all I did is to dismiss them. Only app running is the PedoMeter app for step tracking and displaying it on the complication but did not start any workout.

Is this considered normal?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
There are a few posts on the battery performance of Series 3 Apple Watch but I want to have one specifically for the 38mm non LTE version for all owners to share since I think this group will be smaller.

This morning, my watch is on 80% and after 12 hours it is down to 45%. Minimal usage. I only answered a call (2 mins) and asked Siri to send out a message. Other than that, about 20 notifications came in and all I did is to dismiss them. Only app running is the PedoMeter app for step tracking and displaying it on the complication but did not start any workout.

Based on what you said, I would say your usage dropped approximately 50% within 12 hours, I don't think that sounds abnormal. Especially considering your watch was already at 80% and not fully charged when you started using it.

Reactions: Falcon80

Falcon80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Based on what you said, I would say your usage dropped approximately 50% within 12 hours, I don't think that sounds abnormal. Especially considering your watch was already at 80% and not fully charged when you started using it.

Thanks. I will monitor further. I was expecting it to be better because I read it can easily go to 2 days of usage.

gymratjudy

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2016

With minimal usage, emails, iMessages, checking activity rings, heart rate, no workouts on my SG 38mm non LTE
Usage: 6 hrs 35 minutes, Standby 1 Day, 22 hours with 8% battery left. I use 3 apps overnight (Pillow, Sleep watch and Heart watch).

My normal has been 2 full days before I have had to charge.

Reactions: Leica Dad

Falcon80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
With minimal usage, emails, iMessages, checking activity rings, heart rate, no workouts on my SG 38mm non LTE
Usage: 6 hrs 35 minutes, Standby 1 Day, 22 hours with 8% battery left. I use 3 apps overnight (Pillow, Sleep watch and Heart watch).

My normal has been 2 full days before I have had to charge.

That’s pretty good!

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
I charge my phone in the late evening and have 100% battery when I go to bed. I have AutoSleep running and in the morning after about 7-7.5 hours it is down to 91/92%. I keep it in the Theater Mode during the night.

Other than AutoSleep I have no other custom apps on it, just what it came with.

When it is time to charge after 22-23 hours, I have 45-50% left.

I answer a couple of calls and few Messages other than that it’s mostly all. notifications that my phone gets including News sites, WhatsApp, Hangouts etc.

This is my first AW and it’s only been a little over two weeks so I am still playing with it.

Whew! Did I miss anything?

Falcon80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I charge my phone in the late evening and have 100% battery when I go to bed. I have AutoSleep running and in the morning after about 7-7.5 hours it is down to 91/92%. I keep it in the Theater Mode during the night.

Other than AutoSleep I have no other custom apps on it, just what it came with.

When it is time to charge after 22-23 hours, I have 45-50% left.

I answer a couple of calls and few Messages other than that it’s mostly all. notifications that my phone gets including News sites, WhatsApp, Hangouts etc.

This is my first AW and it’s only been a little over two weeks so I am still playing with it.

Whew! Did I miss anything?

That's sound pretty good. I will post my results at the end of the day. Yesterday was my first day with my new Apple Watch. :)

Reactions: charlyee

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
Didn’t get a chance to charge my watch last night, so here are my stats this morning.

Battery percentage - 20%
Usage - 6 hours
Standby - 1 day 12 hours.

Yesterday was a high usage day and I am quite pleased with battery stats.

Time to put it on the charger.

Falcon80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Same here. Did not charge it last night.

Battery percentage - 30%
Usage - 6 hours 8 minutes
Standby - 1 day 8 hours

Other than the first day which seems to drain pretty fast, I am pleased with how it performs as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.