Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newguy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Does keeping my powerbook plugged in and on most of the time eat up the overall lifetime of its battery? Should I take the battery out if I'll be using the machine plugged in for a long itme? How about using the ipod while plugged into the wall. Does this eat up lifetime battery time too?

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
newguy said:
Does keeping my powerbook plugged in and on most of the time eat up the overall lifetime of its battery? Should I take the battery out if I'll be using the machine plugged in for a long itme? How about using the ipod while plugged into the wall. Does this eat up lifetime battery time too?
As far as the powerbook, it's been said that if you're using it most of the time plugged into the wall it's better to take the battery out. I've done that, but sometimes I forgot and unplugged it without the battery in it. That's um...not exactly good either. I don't think it really eats at the iPod battery too much is you leave it in the wall. It's worse if you let it drain so far that it shuts off while you're using it.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
A good thing to do if you have your PB plugged in all day is to let it sleep at night unplugged. According to Apple it's good to get 'juice' going round the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.