Battery seems to be accurate out of the box, do I still need to calibrate?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shenfrey, Sep 18, 2012.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

As stated, battery seems fine it shuts off when it says its going to and currently i have 11% battery remaining 0:49 minutes left, and when it gets to about 4-5% it lets me know low battery.

I only use my macbook charger when its charging, I always let me battery give me the warning before charging it and I tend to always charge overnight.

So with that being said, do I need to calibrate still?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your battery is fine, and you can run on AC power when you need to, not just when you're charging. The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries in older Apple notebooks.

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000